Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love This Game And Its Playerbase (.....so Far)

Ded_man

Hello all,

I've only been playing this game for a little over 2 weeks but have quickly devoted all my leisure time to it with no sense of abandoning it in sight. It's been a very long time that I've played a game with 100% positive entertainment without toxic players who can easily alter the pursuit of joy and pleasure in a gaming environment.

I'm a long time player of World of Tanks from the start of beta in 2011 with aprox 3k hours played (or 20k battles at an avg of 8min per battle.) My passion for WWII to present military tanks has always been a big part of my life so I latched on to the game from the jump. Despite the many negatives the game carries (from its epeen toxic playerbase, bots, and condescending and often time insulting developers) my love for the genre, time, and money kept me hanging on.

Enter Warframe.

I found Warframe in search of a new game to buy on Steam while on a much needed break from WoT as I was becoming one of those elitist players I despise and unrightfully berating poor playing. Warframe happen to be a game in my suggested queue. I figured why not? It's free2play.

Two hours later, I was playing a game that made me regret not finding it long ago. I've made friends already. Even with some very experienced players, something not possible in most of the games I've played in the past and definitely not on WoT without proving you too are worthy among the elitist ranks. I was even able to get a couple friends from WoT to come over and now they devote much of their time in it as well. That should tell you something DE. You have an awesome game on your hands, but your promotion of it isn't so great. Perhaps, this is why your playerbase hasn't attracted epeen trolls?

TL;DR

This game is great. The dev interaction/information with its community and response to fixes with constant updates is A++. The community thus far is fantastic. I can freely wear a mic and interact with players with no concern of running into d-bags on a frequent basis, so much that I would let my sons play this game with a headset on.

I don't see myself going anywhere.

I, too, am a former WoT player, I just hated the playerbase, and the game as totally, with it's OP tanks and all, I also loved the tanks, and was really good at playing them, but the hate was too much 

gladly, warframe was there, and I was averaging like 6-10 hours a day of player warframe when I first played it, and I hope you enjoy this 'new game' feeling, cos I lost it a long time ago, guess it's just from all the knowledge I gained in WF

one more thing, WF has a kind of temper of disappointing you, but you must try to overlook all that, and watch the prime time/devstream, they will give you extra moral to stay in the game ;)

I, too, am a former WoT player, I just hated the playerbase, and the game as totally, with it's OP tanks and all, I also loved the tanks, and was really good at playing them, but the hate was too much 

gladly, warframe was there, and I was averaging like 6-10 hours a day of player warframe when I first played it, and I hope you enjoy this 'new game' feeling, cos I lost it a long time ago, guess it's just from all the knowledge I gained in WF

one more thing, WF has a kind of temper of disappointing you, but you must try to overlook all that, and watch the prime time/devstream, they will give you extra moral to stay in the game ;)

Thanks for the tip. I really hope what I feel for the game isn't temporary. Something tells me that if it is, it'll be a while as there have been no games in over 4 years that has been able to keep me from playing WoT a single day no matter how many times I've tried to take a break. I've never missed a day playing WoT other than family vacations. The stat whor_ was real in me.

Sure I'm still in my learning phase, however there's always something to do, grind, or hunt for and I like that. Although, I don't get to do a whole lot of grinding lately cause everyone wants to run voids. But, still having fun!