Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Who Thinks Telefang Would Have Made For A Great Game Series?

Renathy

For those who don't know Keitai Dejū Telefang, most commonly know as Telefang, or even more commonly known as Pokémon Diamond and Jade, is an old RPG similar to the style of Pokémon, but instead of Pokéballs, you had - listen to this - a mobile phone. Yes, that's right. To summon your monsters, you would have to call them on the phone, and they would side with you in battle.

I was re-watching JonTron's Pokémon bootlegs video, and I remembered the times I used to avidly play these games, but I don't honestly remember much about the story, since I played the Pokémon bootleg version back then, as well, and it had one of the worst tranlastions ever, or how the battle system worked out, since I was merely confused, but somehow managed to get through it, but the game itself called to me, and it was pretty lengthy too.

They also came as two separate games, much like Pokémon, but no special version. (i.g.: Silver & Gold, plus Crystal, as the special version) The games never really saw the day of light, except being known as Pokémon bootlegs. The developers decided to make a second run at it, changed it completely, almost making it look like something out of the Chrono Trigger series, but I have never played it, and I don't think I would, so that's my only opinion.

I just feel like this game could have been a great sucess. It has a new formula, so it's not just a Pokémon copy, even though it has some ideas out of it, and it's very interesting and compeling to play.

Has any of you ever played these games?

Edited by JRMC