The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Hodgepodge Of Helpful Warframe Additions

Velsva

I just thought I'd leave some suggestions for Warframe improvements. I don't come to this end of the forums much so my apologies if any of these topics have been suggested before.

Relays:

- Add toggleable clan / alliance / squad / friend identification symbols in relays. Sometimes it gets hectic in there when trying to find someone to show them something.

- Put some more ambient sounds and or music to add immersion.

- Introduce dialogue in some random NPCs that you can listen in on for some lore

- Random clan badge board. Have a screen that just shows at random the different clan emblems throughout the game that people have dedicated their time to make. Some of these things are amazing especially for a limited 128 x 128 pixel canvas.

- More hidden cat head statues just this time in the relays

- When the Relays get larger add fetch quests to receive minor rewards and funny dialogue where lore could be snuck in.

Dojos:

- Fix the dojo editor it is horrendous. Not enough control over item placement. Why can't a solitary tree be placed in the middle of a massive room unless you put it at some obscure angle that is nearly unobtainable?

- Alliance challenge boards. Allow clans within the same alliance to challenge each other with credit wagers to complete certain timed objectives. EX: Most hostage rescues in a 72 hour period.

- Allow parkour room alterations, or at least more than one type of pre-made layout.

- Allow people to submit decoration suggestions with full 3D models and textures for a 150 platinum fee. Maybe even dojo decal suggestions like an immortal skin that can be purchased from a polychrome.

- Allow any room to be turned into a combat arena. Imagine a decked out grand hall hosting a high noon duel. Or an all out free for all.

- Allow scenery changes for the observatory window / rooms with roof windows.

- View equipment while in the dojo. Makes trading much faster.

- Hangar bay room? Like on the relays.

Mods:

- Shield augments: The ability to alter shield resistances and or add utility to shielding. For example:

"Dispersal Shield" - Mitigates the damage to shielding by puncture damage by 20% but reduces explosive resistance by 10%.

"Rebound Shield" - Mitigates impact damage to shielding by 20% but makes shields weaker to melee damage by 10% for 6 seconds after receiving impact damage.

"Vengeful Aegis" - Causes shield to spit out gas damage after being destroyed by a melee opponent.

"Guardian Angel" - Causes shield to instantly restore 10% of its value when user is dropped below 5% health.

"Second Wind" - If user is down and tags an enemy below 40% health enemy is killed and user is revived with full health and no shielding for 10 seconds.

"Channel Amp" - If user drains all energy in melee channeling then shields will be used as a replacement channel source 75%, 90%, 110%, 130%, 150% efficiency.

^^ Good chance to add in some polarities frames have been needing ^^

- Gun AI? Like the mods syndicates already offer but with odd enhancements.

"Heat Seeking Castanas" - Internal AI will self correct flight path if target is within 10 meters of trajectory.

"Rubber Bullets" - AI will have a 10% chance to redirect a stray bullet off a wall to a nearby enemy for 80% damage

"Instigator" - AI will verbally assault enemies in a 30 meter range and give them a higher % chance to attack the user rather than his or her allies for 20 seconds.

"Second Pair of Eyes" - AI will alert user via visual indicator of local hazards such as a charging Scorpion, Void laser, or Bombard missile.

"Half Life" - AI will give a 15% chance upon reload to give half clip capacity in return for 2.2x gun damage or 15% chance upon reload for double clip capacity in return for regular damage.

Extractors:

- Experience gain over time for active extractors. Upon reaching level 30 you may apply an attribute to an extractor such as a 10% greater affinity to pick up Neural Sensors. or 5% chance to find an expensive blueprint / prime part.

Chat:

- Miniature clan logos or simple clan ID color boxes next to each persons name in the alliance chat occupant list to the right. Makes it easier to see who is talking about what and how many members from each clan is on at different times.

- Clan officer name color change. For example the leader may set colors to the names in each rank so officers may make important announcements and not get lost in all the chatter.

- More trade channels. Dedicated buying channel, dedicated selling channel, separate alliance chat channel for trading only. Hopefully this can clean some of the mess of the current system.

If anybody has more suggestions please post them :)

Relays:
- Good idea, unfortunately you can both be in the same relay, but not on the same "Server" or Hub or w/e. I've "met" my clan member right in front of the statue and could not see him at all. That could be an issue on the coding side, he also could not see my Waypoints, even thought we joined the Relay as a group.

- I'm always for more

- DE would have to make lore first, but that wouldn't be a bad idea, perhaps to add more ambiance to the universe, like what is happening now. The possible issue is. If the others there are also Tenno, who just don't have suits, do they talk. I think Tenno can still talk, but many thing they are silent.

- I don't see to much of an issue with the emblems, not sure if there is enough value to work on this though.

- ?

- not really warframe's style. God of combat getting you a coffee, unlikely.

Dojo

- Yes, more there I think 46 degree angle too.

- Not a bad idea, not sure how much use it would get

- I'd be down, but again, how much use is what motivates DE to spend the time.

- Always for more, but having personal submissions as a constant thing is unlikely, since you'd need a person to screen them, and integrate them into the game, which may just require them to be remade from scratch. Extra work

- Combat area, not a bad idea, or perhaps at least an "open combat" area, not just a duel room. Haven't seen this idea before, I like it.

- I have my own ideas about this I'll be adding into my Clan Dojo post I have up on the Concept forums.

- Not sure if you mean Arsenal or something else. Idea is fine.

- I like this, thought of something like that as well. A giant room like Observatory or Obstacle course so you can't really build past it.

Mods

- Shield Augments sound interested, I like this.

- Gun AI, may take a little bit to much of the skill out of the game.

Extractors - eh, not bad, but I think its best attention is focused elsewhere

Chat

- little logos would be so small it wouldn't matter

- maybe not a color for every rank, but 2-3 colors, Regular, Officer, and Leader / Co Leader

- It'd be tough to moderate that. I think any of the channels would just devolve into general trade. Not sure about your alliance but mine isn't an issue to trade. I think a better solution to these would be to have a Dedicated Buying / Selling Forum section.

Relays:

- Good idea, unfortunately you can both be in the same relay, but not on the same "Server" or Hub or w/e. I've "met" my clan member right in front of the statue and could not see him at all. That could be an issue on the coding side, he also could not see my Waypoints, even thought we joined the Relay as a group.

- I'm always for more

- DE would have to make lore first, but that wouldn't be a bad idea, perhaps to add more ambiance to the universe, like what is happening now. The possible issue is. If the others there are also Tenno, who just don't have suits, do they talk. I think Tenno can still talk, but many thing they are silent.

- I don't see to much of an issue with the emblems, not sure if there is enough value to work on this though.

- ?

- not really warframe's style. God of combat getting you a coffee, unlikely.

Dojo

- Yes, more there I think 46 degree angle too.

- Not a bad idea, not sure how much use it would get

- I'd be down, but again, how much use is what motivates DE to spend the time.

- Always for more, but having personal submissions as a constant thing is unlikely, since you'd need a person to screen them, and integrate them into the game, which may just require them to be remade from scratch. Extra work

- Combat area, not a bad idea, or perhaps at least an "open combat" area, not just a duel room. Haven't seen this idea before, I like it.

- I have my own ideas about this I'll be adding into my Clan Dojo post I have up on the Concept forums.

- Not sure if you mean Arsenal or something else. Idea is fine.

- I like this, thought of something like that as well. A giant room like Observatory or Obstacle course so you can't really build past it.

Mods

- Shield Augments sound interested, I like this.

- Gun AI, may take a little bit to much of the skill out of the game.

Extractors - eh, not bad, but I think its best attention is focused elsewhere

Chat

- little logos would be so small it wouldn't matter

- maybe not a color for every rank, but 2-3 colors, Regular, Officer, and Leader / Co Leader

- It'd be tough to moderate that. I think any of the channels would just devolve into general trade. Not sure about your alliance but mine isn't an issue to trade. I think a better solution to these would be to have a Dedicated Buying / Selling Forum section.

Relays:

- The cat heads are little easter eggs placed in other missions. They are about the size of a Tenno's hand. If I find the main thread with all cat head locations I'll link it here.

Dojo:

- For the dojo decorations I was thinking of it as a sort of maybe monthly contest where DE picks a few winners and makes their concepts available to all dojos permanently. And with the dojo skins it could be another good way for DE to make some money while making dojo decorators happy with new options. Sorry for my vague description before.

- The ability to view your prime parts and mods in the dojo to allow for quicker trading. Maybe this could be combined with the hangar bay. Have a hangar / combat prep room. Sort of like the Normandy SR-2 in ME3. View your mods, built equipment / loadouts, prime parts, new location to view your Liset hull being changed. Maybe even have a terminal in the hangar where you can purchase external cosmetic additions to your Liset such as new lights, antennas, armor, etc.

Mods:

- The gun AI does not have to bee too powerful. For example the "Instigator" AI could be really helpful and add an interesting mechanic for tanks who always try so desperately to draw fire from an ally being swarmed. Some of these mods would also be good for DE to add "D" polarity mods for weapons.

And if this isn't the proper section then where should this go so I don't make the same mistake again?

Edited by Velsva

Relays:

- The cat heads are little easter eggs placed in other missions. They are about the size of a Tenno's hand. If I find the main thread with all cat head locations I'll link it here.

-snip-

And if this isn't the proper section then where should this go so I don't make the same mistake again?

Really this forum has turned into a concept section so you aren't all that out of place, but Fan Concept Forum is the official location

I'm certainly behind the Dojo Decorations and Skins, making it a consistent thing where players add it, I think is unlikely. DE would just add their own and then occasionally (like once a year) release a fan thing. Check out the Fan Concept board and see all the great ideas that DE has skipped over, not to their fault, I guess.

Gun AI - Personally I think this could be a help in Archwing. aiming shooting is a bit of a pain when compared to melee where you instantly charge a nearby target, so a Gun AI may balance it out.

Edited by Lightsmith