Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading Measure To Prevent Economy Destabilization

Ithgare

How about they just make it so you have the option to unlock trading with 75 platinum after reaching mastery rank one?

An interesting idea, and possibly a good moneymaker for them, but I don't necessarily see it being implemented unless there was a credit option available that was rank required at a higher rank. 

I honestly don't see a problem if a player who spend over a hundred hours on the game and is missing a certain type of mod because of the RNG drop system being able to trade with someone else with a similar problem a bad thing.

Being able to trade alert only rewards could also reduce the pain of sitting in front of your monitor 24/7 even while you're doing other stuff.

As long as it's properly moderated there should't be many problems with this but setting a rank 4-5 requirement could be a good idea.

That might be true, but still there is a difference if a rather new player farms together everything to build a new warframe, or a 100% evolved perfectly equipped player does. And still, there is the huge problem that these players would be able to sell all these things, NO MATTER what kind of protection you want to implement. That is never ever gonna happen in Warframe (at least I really hope so for the sake of DE).

It's right that many people will never buy a warframe with platinum (me neither), but what if you can just get it from someone else? No one would ever buy something again except the things you still couldn't not get even with trades.

And no, a single player could not, but what do you guess how many people out there are nearly 100% "done" with their account and would trade things for friends just to have something to do again and have any small "reason" to play. This will happen to these friends too later - nothing more to do for your own account!

There is no difference.  Both players have to put the time into grinding for the resources and blue prints.

Why wouldn't they buy something?  Getting something for free often encourages people to buy stuff with money.  It is in fact one of the main reasons why the f2p model works.

Unless they too grind for other people.  Who in turn buy stuff because of the free frame (the slot needed to use it, the potato needed to supercharge it, boosters to level it faster, colors/helmets to make it look different) where they may have never spent a single cent.