The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last Second Bailing On Endless Mission- One Wave's Grace?

TheBrsrkr

I'm pretty sure this has happened to a lot of people. Wave 15 or whatever didn't go so well, but you got it all figured out now.The timer starts to go to the next rotation and 2 guys clcik to continue. At around the 7th second, one guy changes his mind and chooses to extract.Then in the last 2 seconds, someone else leaves and you're stuck with whoever wasn't quick enough to respond to that. It's a disgusting yet common practice, and some even use it for griefing. Currently, there's nothing you can do but slog through the next 5 waves with half your team and most likely lose all the rewards, groan and moan about it, and move on.  So what can we do about it?

How about, when 2 or more players leave a game (let's say at wave 15) those that are left have until wave 17 to leave and keep all the rewards??? There's no real way of exploiting it (how much xp can you get in 1 wave anyways?) and it gives those who weren't quick enough a chance to recover from the trolling that so regularly happens (at least in my circles). Just put in in the Esc window. Simple, easy to implement, hard to exploit, fair, no more griefing. Thoughts?

I have another idea, what if everytime someone clicks on "Leave" during the last seconds, the timer resets to 15.

This leads to another type of griefing where someone can switch back and forth endlessly, constanlty resetting the timer 

I have another idea, what if everytime someone clicks on "Leave" during the last seconds, the timer resets to 15.

Yea great, this will result to another issue while some guys will marinade you constantly refreshing the timer and not letting anyone to neither leave nor continue to play. 

I like the idea, I don't think a grace period would be a good idea since you may just leave because the going gets tough. What they should do is prompt you again if you want to stay if squad members have left, or an "Are you sure you want to continue?" if people chose to leave last second.

I like the idea, I don't think a grace period would be a good idea since you may just leave because the going gets tough. What they should do is prompt you again if you want to stay if squad members have left, or an "Are you sure you want to continue?" if people chose to leave last second.

This seems alot better, so if you left alone and countdown timer reachs 0 the game pauses and you recieve a floating question prompt to make your decision.

Yea great, this will result to another issue while some guys will marinade you constantly refreshing the timer and not letting anyone to neither leave nor continue to play. 

Add in - once you click leave, that's it.  No clicking back and forth.