Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn + Glaive = Highest Range Damage In Game?

escape123

I only have to compare the fact that serration is +90% while pressure point isn't even HALF of that.

This means BEFORE all of the elemental bonus damage is calculated - its bonus damage potential is less than half the bonus potential of a rifle weapon.

It's not a matter of being awesome... I'm sure its awesome.  I don't have one yet even -.-,

Edited by TraumaHunter

I only have to compare the fact that serration is +90% while pressure point isn't even HALF of that.

This means BEFORE all of the elemental bonus damage is calculated - its bonus damage potential is less than half the bonus potential of a rifle weapon.

It's not a matter of being awesome... I'm sure its awesome.  I don't have one yet even -.-,

Well the ranged Glaive attack is its charged attack, so it does use pressure point, it uses the +150% of killing blow.

There's no multishot equivalent for melee.  I'm thinking that a paris would outdamage the glaive 90% of the time, and a lex would 20% of the time.

*edit* except for normal inftested mobs, the glaive would win there for sure.

Edited by Fretless

-Killing blow leveled five times is 150% while Serration leveled ten times is just a little bit more (165%).

-Both fire mods equal out to 90%

-Ice on melee loses 30% when compared to the rifle version which I believe is 90%.

-Lightning on melee being the worst at 30% with rifle once again being 90%

-Armor Piercing on melee is 30% higher then on rifle.

It really depends if the high base damage of the glaive, the 30% more armor piercing and the ?% more Saryn poison buff damage would outrule the 90% total elemental damage the rifle mods have over the glaive and the possible 15% more from serration.

Of course then there is multi-shot vs being able to bounce the glaive. But then some rifles (Cough, paris, cough) can innately pierce enemies for multi-hits while still having the damage multiplying multi-shot.

Edited by SocknBoppers

-Killing blow leveled five times is 150% while Serration leveled ten times is just a little bit more (165%).

-Both fire mods equal out to 90%

-Ice on melee loses 30% when compared to the rifle version which I believe is 90%.

-Lightning on melee being the worst at 30% with rifle once again being 90%

-Armor Piercing on melee is 30% higher then on rifle.

It really depends if the high base damage of the glaive, the 30% more armor piercing and the ?% more Saryn poison buff damage would outrule the 90% total elemental damage the rifle mods have over the glaive and the possible 15% more from serration.

Of course then there is multi-shot vs being able to bounce the glaive. But then some rifles (Cough, paris, cough) can innately pierce enemies for multi-hits while still having the damage multiplying multi-shot.

You're also neglecting to mention the stunning difference in damage on top of the red crit potential with melee weapons, but I think non-red the paris with thunderbolt hitting in the weal point, triple procing (multi S#&$ proc, both thunderbolts proc and all three crit) is the highest possible single hit as long as thunderbolt continues to scale with mods.

The Glaive is not even close the the greatest damage potential of all of the melee weapons, that'd go to the Gram / Scindo because the base damage being multiplied is 200; on top of that you're going to be able to fire off several charge attacks during the flight time of the glaive.

Also, Saryn is never going to achieve the biggest potential melee damage; that goes to Loki / Ash because of the unaware mechanic. Saryn can squeeze an extra %60 base damage but unaware crits (red crits) are something like 4-5x normal crits... which can be huge.

It's actually 165%.