Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friendly Stalker

PapaKicks

It'd be cool if there was a random chance that a super-tenno would enter your map and kick some major &#! for you. A "super-hero" to Stalker's "villian".

It'd also be cool to see the two fight, both with super buffed up HP, and the Stalker will win if your team does not assist him.

This is an interesting idea.

Ideally, he should only appear in low level maps where the newbies are just starting.

Or on high wave numbers of defense missions. Imagine the feeling if you were desperately low on ammo/energy on wave 34 of a defense mission and SuperTenno comes and saves the day.

It'd be cool if there was a random chance that a super-tenno would enter your map and kick some major &#! for you. A "super-hero" to Stalker's "villian".

It'd also be cool to see the two fight, both with super buffed up HP, and the Stalker will win if your team does not assist him.

Yes please,i love the magical feeling of friendly a.i coming to your aid.

If this was to be implemented, I reckon it would be hire a mercanary or something, spend a few credits to hire someone for a mission or two.

Coz if it was random and some dude just showed up when your stealthing through the mission and just ran out guns blazing... 

wait...

You know... this is an interesting idea, and as many obviously bad ideas that I come across on these forums, I'm pleasantly surprised to be able to say that I cannot think of a single reason why this one should not be implemented. So +1 to OP.

With that said- I've seen a few bugs with 'friendly' AI. A stalker once appeared in a defense mission and was defeated, only instead of doing his vanishing act he turned and helped kill off the remaining granieer for the next 3 waves (until we hit the 5 wave checkpoint- we continued of course- but didn't see the stalker after that). It was odd- but- somehow fitting for the stalker. Perhaps it's a % chance upon defeating him? I've heard a number of people have experienced this.

Oh- and I once went afk in the middle of a mission and came back to find myself being 'protected' by two granieer that had clearly seen me and posted up to guard me. I wish that I'd had Fraps up, but i did spam the screenshot button and later made a gif of it- which sadly doesn't do it any justice.

Here's the gif-

warframe_granieerdefendingplayer.gif

What happened was these two granieer came up to me (facing me) as i was approaching my chair with a cup of fresh coffee in hand. I went to quickly set my coffee down and grab the mouse but stopped mid-reach when i realized they clearly saw me but weren't shooting me. one took a look at me then posted up at the door looking outward from behind cover while the shield lancer walked a couple circles around me then posted up directly in front of me with it's shield facing out to help guard me from enemy fire as they sometimes do for other granieer. It stood there for awhile then once i started moving my mouse to look around they walked off into the next room. When i re-encountered these two granieer it was if they had 'reset' and started shooting at me as any other granieer would.