Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kraken Vs Aklato ?

Neymera

Question

Hi, I'm going to buy a new pistol and I don't know which is better between the Kraken and the Aklato.

Which is better for speed kills and ammo duration (with some mod for ammo and electric damage) ?

If you can advise me for another pistol (like akbolto but very expensive...) please do it ^^

Thanks

7 answers to this question

AkLato is an all-round alternative. With 30 rounds, stable Rate of Fire(RoF), great accuracy, and considerable damage. Like the standard Lato, they are dependable pistols which can prove very reliable despite how inexpensive they may be.

As far as the Kraken is concerned, it currently suffers from the cons of being a hybrid: Lacking the benefits of dedicated weapons to bridge a gap. Never-the-less, don't underestimate the stopping power of this pistol. Unlike the Burston, a weapon with a similar hybrid design(and needs a rebalance), when properly modded this weapon is put into a league of its own. When it comes to dealing with single targets, this can excel the Lex in terms of dropping your opponent if both shots hit. It also has a better RoF than the Lex. Again, due to the Hybrid nature, it lacks the range of the Lex and the ammo capacity and RoF of the Lato.

Both are very reliable weapons when properly put together. However, the pricetag of the AkLato vs that of the Kraken is a different story.

Twin vipers are really nice, but they start off awful really. They're never going to have a good ammo economy but at max level and modded correctly they do insane burst dps. I'd probably go as far to say that if you can't potato them, they're not worth it. I love mine, probably my fav secondary weapon atm.

Can't speak for the Bronco though.

Bronco is fine for close quarter combat, although its 2 round clip size needs to get used to (fast reload speed). It's weak at the beginning (like all shotguns) but then kicks heavy if you get +damage and armor piercing

the twin vipers are very nice BUT be warned, they do eat your ammo very fast. i recommend +max ammo size (maxed) on these. they do great damage and have a high crit chance and reload speed.

concerning all those burst fire guns. i don't like them. i leveled up my burston to 30 and my kraken is at about 20 right now. both really suffer from the inability of being fired fastly. there's always a slight cooldown after your burst. burston does pewpewpew and then theres a slight cooldown, kraken does pewpew and then again a slight cooldown.

aklato, akbolto, twin vipers, afuris are all great guns. twin vipers and afuris eat down your ammo very fast. the lex is a good sniping gun, lacks attack and reloadspeed.

Yes but I prefer buy heals because sometimes I jump between all the ennemies for fun and if I fail my slash dash or Javelin I loose a lot of shield/life ^^
I think I'll buy the AkLato, thanks for all the answers.