Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Me Turn Off Auto Roll #edit: Do Something With Latency On Spacebar.

RadioLarity

I absolutely hated those autoroll recoveries in Dark Souls, and continue to hate them here as well( Or those nasty kickbacks during the wallruns, or when you trying to climb onto some crate.

*Dark Souls 2

The sprint+slide is a temp solution for auto roll but I've found that if you're falling from a really high place and you hold sprint+slide for too long, you automatically exit out of that animation and are forced to auto roll again.

I couldn't agree more with this topic.

I HATE the auto-roll. It was one of many reasons why I quit for 2 years. It was a major contributing factor to that, though. The jump latency is another one of those things.

DE doesn't like to communicate on this subject, and they've let it stay in for over 2 years, which makes it seem like they aren't removing it, but they need to understand they are frustrating their player base. Lately I've been thinking about quitting again, and the thought becomes more and more numerous with each passing night that I deal with the terrible controls.

The camera has been another issue, but I can deal with that, if the controls were made better. It's just unacceptable, and it will end up driving me away at some point, if it doesn't get dealt with soon.

I really want to like this game, without any second thoughts. I could do that easily, if the controls above all else were made better. Here's hoping parkour 2.0 comes about soon, and is the solution to these issues.

Feels like DE aren't playing they're own game...