Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Me Turn Off Auto Roll #edit: Do Something With Latency On Spacebar.

RadioLarity

Because every time when I fell from a high place, my warframe has to do that damn, annoying auto roll which triggers every time and every time makes me fall into a pit of some sort.
It's especially annoying in PVP when I fly around the map and so happens that my tenno is in mood for rolling around, but of course it's computer, so it doesn't think consequences in advance.

EDIT#: There is also annoying latency on spacebar (or I should say jump bind) as well as on some other keys (for example crouch). I'm not imagening things neither it's my keyboard or monitor. In every single other game I have literally no latency on those keys. But in warframe when I'm trying to jump I have to wait a really short while and then get throught the initial animation. I hope they get rid of that in parkour 2.0 because it's annoying. (as well it happens in grineer ciphers, it's annoying that I have press spacebar long before I want to hit the piece I want).
Check it first people and then say what you want. Because as I said I have no latencies on either monitor or keyboard. Go into random grineer mission and just focus on what you're seeing.

Edited by RadioLarity

Just run+crouch, you will not roll and make a slde instead, which you can instantly stop

I've never managed to instantly stop a slide. The game likes making you finish those.

It been asked for a few times, DE has yet to change it or fix it

We've never had a super duper argument for why, though.

Current pvp maps are rife with roll-inducing areas.

Just run+crouch, you will not roll and make a slde instead, which you can instantly stop

You know the game has broken momentum and even if you would use a slide in exact oppostie way you're moving, that "momentum" will drag you back and you will end up falling anyways, right? RIGHT? AM I RIGHT PEOPLE!?? (sorry, I'm slowly going mad [not that I haven't been mad, yet, I'm just going totally bonkers right now])

Easy to learn, hard to master.

It seems you have not yet mastered the mobility of the Tenno. 

I do agree on a on/off for it tho. As you can roll on you'r own when needed. Or you know, break you'r legs upon the hard impact. 

But it's a yes from me. 

Edited by Cpt_Atroxium

Easy to learn, hard to master.

It seems you have not yet mastered the mobility of the Tenno. 

I do agree on a on/off for it tho. As you can roll on you'r own when needed. Or you know, break you'r legs upon the hard impact. 

But it's a yes from me. 

I never said I wanted it completely out. Even the name of the topic is "let me turn off".

In addition to jumping having latency, I swear that it sometimes refuses to work at all on certain tilesets, namely ones like Eris or Europa where the terrain is very lumpy. I presume it has something to do with the game not always realizing that you're still on the ground because you've got one foot on the floor but the other in the air(this also prevents the use of certain abilities at times, if they can only be used on the ground). This in addition to auto-rolling and jump latency are pretty much the bane of Movement 1.0 in this game, so hopefully the upcoming parkour/movement changes will do something to at least alleviate these issues.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I know in climbing auto roll ticks me off.

Run up a wall, backflip onto the platform behind, auto roll right off it.

Into the abyss and get spawned under it. You forgot to finish.

Or into death orb laser and get killed. That's also an option.

Im going to +1 every tread about this.

Dont get me wrong, the parkour is mostly why I pkay this game and I love it. Hell the auto roll sometimes looks super cool when jumping down a high spot and you keep going foward.

But other times it makes going to some places a hell.

I suggest at least raising the height to trigger the auto roll ( something like the heavy impact mod )

I also agree on the jumping latency..

Something I keep meaning to test and haven't gotten around to it, I think I noticed once that I didn't auto-roll if I pointed my crosshairs directly down while falling, I might be imagining things and keep forgetting to test it in game.

I think DE could give auto-rolls the Mirror's Edge-esque treatment. 

1. Have it so we can choose when not to roll. Maybe have it so that falling down while holding Crouch but not Sprint will let us stick the landing without the roll, and shorten the delay from all fall-sticking to match the duration of a typical roll.

(Do NOT give it the Mirror's Edge treatment in terms of taking fall damage by default and rolling manually. XD)

2. Allow us to choose our direction of rolling by rotating the camera in midair. This currently seems to happen on and off for me; it needs to be less glitchy and more reliable.

3. (If all else fails) Manually prevent players from rolling off maps by placing invisible barriers around the edges of platforms that can't be passed if you're in a rolling animation.

Edited by SortaRandom

Whoops, fell two feet, better roll to save myself.

Whoops, fell into a pit, better go through the climbing animation for no reason once I get teleported out.

In addition to jumping having latency, I swear that it sometimes refuses to work at all on certain tilesets, namely ones like Eris or Europa where the terrain is very lumpy. I presume it has something to do with the game not always realizing that you're still on the ground because you've got one foot on the floor but the other in the air(this also prevents the use of certain abilities at times, if they can only be used on the ground). This in addition to auto-rolling and jump latency are pretty much the bane of Movement 1.0 in this game, so hopefully the upcoming parkour/movement changes will do something to at least alleviate these issues.

Apprently ninjas can't jump if the ground isn't perfecly flat.

Even the tinyest bump can keep you from jumping.

Auto-Rolls.

AKA

The No.1 reason for my failed spy missions.

Mine is auto-edge-grab.

OP forgot this one.

Burn it with fire with the rest.

Apprently ninjas can't jump if the ground isn't perfecly flat.

Even the tinyest bump can keep you from jumping.

Aha, yes, this one keeps seeing me plunge straight into pits.

Sometimes the ground IS flat and it still doesn't work.

Edited by Yezzik

Whoops, fell into a pit, better go through the climbing animation for no reason once I get teleported out.

Heh. What I love more, is when you grab an edge and for some reason that broken momentum pulls you away from it... You end up climbing air and falling.

I couldn't agree more with this topic.

I HATE the auto-roll. It was one of many reasons why I quit for 2 years. It was a major contributing factor to that, though. The jump latency is another one of those things.

DE doesn't like to communicate on this subject, and they've let it stay in for over 2 years, which makes it seem like they aren't removing it, but they need to understand they are frustrating their player base. Lately I've been thinking about quitting again, and the thought becomes more and more numerous with each passing night that I deal with the terrible controls.

The camera has been another issue, but I can deal with that, if the controls were made better. It's just unacceptable, and it will end up driving me away at some point, if it doesn't get dealt with soon.

I really want to like this game, without any second thoughts. I could do that easily, if the controls above all else were made better. Here's hoping parkour 2.0 comes about soon, and is the solution to these issues.