The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerns Of A Zephyr User, The Update 16.7 And 16.8 Revival: Now With Even More Turbulence Ranting!

4G3NT_0R4NG3

I know it is a bit greedy to ask for more feedback on an idea in someone else's thread, but I am really curious what more people think about it. The biggest problem I have with the proposed Turbulence rework is the RNG. When ti comes to protecting myself from damage, I do not want to worry abut RNG being a female dog. I can think of far too many worst case scenarios where you get one shot by that one enemy because that is when RNG said that Turbulence was not going to work. So, I tried to make a rework that catered to Zephyr's intended playstyle (above the enemy) and give her reliable damage reduction (more like damage avoidance).

This was the long winded "how"

And this was what the effects would be on actual gameplay (and where I discovered how immensely powerful (maybe a bit OP) the rework would be.

After going through this it almost would make sense to change its name to "Updraft" or something like that. Also, give Zephyr hover mode. I don't care if it is through Tail Wind or Dive bomb, but it has to happen.

I like the fact that you thought about this and I find it a pretty good suggestion, but

It basically would have the exact same effect for all allies within the 50 meter range due to the angle adjustment affecting all enemies in that range.

It sounds OP and probably is.

Zephyr also has neglected coloring, she's one of the only few without an immortal skin, she'd be perfect for a proto skin or syandana, he helmets are mediocre and her powers barely use energy color. :C

If you're having trouble coloring Zephyr, why not try something a bit more Lovecraftian?

uxZAW5j.jpgCLrZAln.jpg6rdeQca.jpg

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, after all.

I believe all of Zephyr's powers use her energy color, but U16.5 bugged Tornado so that the energy color in the center of the tornado is always Zephyr's default light blue.

I also received a response from DERebecca regarding a status update on the fix. Here are her exact words:

"Hello,

The issue is well documented and the task remains open.

I am unable to provide an ETA, sorry! Hopefully soon if my pokes are effective!

Rebecca"

So the ETA is Soon™.

• 4 weeks later...

After the events of U16.7 and 16.8, I had to post a piece about the Turbulence changes, and i'm willing to revive this thread to do it.

I couldn't talk about Turbulence without bringing up U16.7 and 16.8. U16.7 brought a fix to a Turbulence bug relating to enemy accuracy. This had the unintended side effect of, as far as I could tell, giving Turbulence's outer radius infinite range. This fixed Turbulence's first problem, but actually made the second worse, since now it was a god mode against all non-explosive ranged weapons, not just projectiles. This was immediately changed in U16.8, in which the outer radius once again had range limits placed on it. Currently, Turbulence is in almost exactly the same state it was in and has all the same problems that it did when Zephyr was first released in U12, about 16 months ago. Absolutely no effort whatsoever has been made to correct these incredibly poorly designed mechanics.

What happened exactly? I'm on ps4 so I don't really know.

U16.7 fixed the Turbulence bug that allowed hitscan weapons to shoot you 100% of the time while Turbulence was active at ranges greater than 10m. The fix had a side effect that made Turbulence's outer radius have infinite range. The range restriction was restored in U16.8.

Another slightly less popular suggestion I've seen is that Tail Wind should be reworked to give Zephyr a toggle-able archwing-style flight mode that drains energy over time. While I do think this idea has excellent potential, I'm worried that it will actually provide less mobility than Tail Wind currently does by slowing down Zephyr's flight speed to be more similar to the speed of Archwings. If Zephyr could move just as fast as she does with Tail Wind in its current state, then this idea would be absolutely fantastic.

I still stick by this suggestion. Would love DE to make that happen.

U16.7 fixed the Turbulence bug that allowed hitscan weapons to shoot you 100% of the time while Turbulence was active at ranges greater than 10m. The fix had a side effect that made Turbulence's outer radius have infinite range. The range restriction was restored in U16.8.

Wait What? OMG after I hyped over the fixing of this ablitiy, DE just takes it back? Its actually worse than before 16.7. At least before 16.7, the hitscans had a chance to be deflected. We complained about this problem for 4 months now, and once we got a fix, DE take it back. I don't think there's any hope for turbulence now. The DE clearly know about this problem, but the fact that they took it back shows that this may not be fixed that's very unfortunate. Zephyr is currently my favorite go-to frame.

Edited by (PS4)abb12355

Wait What? OMG after I hyped over the fixing of this ablitiy, DE just takes it back? Its actually worse than before 16.7. At least before 16.7, the hitscans had a chance to be deflected. We complained about this problem for 4 months now, and once we got a fix, DE take it back. I don't think there's any hope for turbulence now. The DE clearly know about this problem, but the fact that they took it back shows that this may not be fixed that's very unfortunate. Zephyr is currently my favorite go-to frame.

No, it still decreases accuracy of all hitscan weapons inside the outer radius. In U16.6, the accuracy reduction range was 10m, not affected by mods. In U16.7, the accuracy reduction range was infinite. In U16.8, the accuracy reduction range is equal to the range of the outer radius. The default range before mods is about 20m. For my build, that range is 35.5m. The maximum possible range is about 54m.

It's working as intended now, it's just that the way it's intended to work is completely stupid.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

No, it still decreases accuracy of all hitscan weapons inside the outer radius. In U16.6, the accuracy reduction range was 10m, not affected by mods. In U16.7, the accuracy reduction range was infinite. In U16.8, the accuracy reduction range is equal to the range of the outer radius. The default range before mods is about 20m. For my build, that range is 35.5m. The maximum possible range is about 54m.

It's working as intended now, it's just that the way it's intended to work is completely stupid.

They said they would buff it, now they nerf it? I realize that is how turbulence was intended to work but after working really hard to get the DE's attention to buff it, they buff it, than take it back, hopefully the DE fixes this. Turbulence really isn't op so there's no reason to nerf what was on update 16.7

They said they would buff it, now they nerf it? I realize that is how turbulence was intended to work but after working really hard to get the DE's attention to buff it, they buff it, than take it back, hopefully the DE fixes this. Turbulence really isn't op so there's no reason to nerf what was on update 16.7

I assume it was because with U17, it became a god mode against hitscan weapons as well as projectile weapons, making its second problem even worse. Frankly, god mode against all ranged attacks is pretty OP. Read the Turbulence section in the OP for more details.

I assume it was because with U17, it became a god mode against hitscan weapons as well as projectile weapons, making its second problem even worse. Frankly, god mode against all ranged attacks is pretty OP. Read the Turbulence section in the OP for more details.

No arguments, here. Though, snowglobe/banished Mesa *any frame with direct damage skills* can accomplish basically the same thing, just with a bit less (or none, in Mesa's case) movement. All seem to share the same vulnerability to bombards, if I'm not mistaken.

I remember using limbo/mesa in the rift sigil escalation TA and that ...

"Broken" Turbulence doesn't seem so bad, really.

Edit: Obviously Mesa isn't the only frame that can use banishment to great effect.

Edited by Xrkr

"Broken" Turbulence doesn't seem so bad, really.

How far we've fallen.

Survivability skills in general need across the board reworks, and Peacemaker is one of the most poorly designed skills in the entire game. I would say Turbulence is, too.

More about survivability here.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3