Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dedicated Servers For A Possibility?

Mysteryman2000

One thing that bugs me the most out on this great game is the connection to other hosts.  Sure you get the occasional good host with a heart healthy internet and computer to follow.  But then you get a person whose internet or computer is so horrible, time can stop for 10 seconds, and at the end of the mission, he looks like Ares after he took one step in the middle of a massive army.

The solo play engine works great, your stats and improvements are uploaded after your mission and gameplay is great, no lag.  Now for public play (online) a dedicated server would reduce said lag and connection problems for the general crowed, and most of the only people having problems, would either have bad computers or bad internet.  It is ideal for a group of random people to join into.  As for a private party hosted by a specific individual,  I would say it would remain as hosted by the player.  If there would ever be a dedicated server, private made parties would elevate the stress on the server.

Anyone else have any ideas on internet connectivity?

This founders program is neat, but I wish there was some other way other than platinum for the company to earn more to make the server a more probable means of gameplay.  For a 100 watt server to run 24 hours a day it would cost around around $950 a year in virginia.  I wouldn't mind there being a $2 a month sub if everyone who sub got platinum each month.

They are already arranging dedicated servers to host the clan dojos, if that goes well and isn't too expensive then they may expand to other options as well.

i watched them talking about the dojos and imagined it all, but this slipped my mind. Of course they need dedicated servers to place all clan members in one place!

Go go Hamster power!!

The option to host ones own server might be nice, as well. For people with private (or, Gods forbid, corporate) servers to mess with, might be nice to host a few games without running it on their own PC's.

Having a separate dedicated server program for Warframe isn't a bad idea. Grant it, I only play with friends, but I have a server I host myself that usually has some open bandwidth available I can host a few things on. Dedi's aren't cheap, I can tell you that much, but at the same time, they have their uses. Plus, I like hosting my own servers when possible, even though my internet is above about 80% of the general US population.

Heya! :)

Here's what we found out:

Dedicated servers won't happen anytime soon at all. Think more along the lines of years down the road. P2P has kept Warframe alive, as a strategic decision, and continues to do so by keeping budget free for development, rather than server maintenance. Nevertheless, DE strives to continually improve the netcode. Something that might happen before Dedicated DE Servers is fan-hosted servers, though. Don't hold your breath for it, but currently, that option is more likely than company operated servers.