Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Me Find Some More Music O.o

GunDownGrace

yeah i have very strange tastes,and a set of rather rigid rule checks that have to be passed before i can like a peice of music

1.Cannot be sexual,at all (exhibit A. most rap music)

2.Cannot be a love song (Exhibit b. anything that SANE people think of as love songs)

3.Cannot be something which generally offends my bizarre personal philosophy total (transhumanist christian communist leaning on mystic)

4.cannot be something which rejoices in ludditism (I,E, anything which insults technology)

5.NO CHEESINESS AT ALL (leave the b grade stuff at the door)

6.nothing with pointlessly overt violence (leave cannibal corpse stuff on the moon)

7.Must be serious,rigidly serious

8.love songs are only acceptable under certain conditions,henceforth,gothminister's darkside

9.no shock radio slag (my size 11 boot vs howard stern,you get the picture)

10.must under all circumstances be extremely intelligent in all forms,when the intelligence rating is high enough in the song,other rules may be bypassed,like rules 2,5,and 7

11. nothing emo,ever.

12.when rule checks 1 through 11 have been passed and greenlighted,the final check is for sound and pacing (no 2 minutes of silence,thats irritating silence)

now that ive covered those..lets get on to personal preferences

1.generally prefer dark music,but not dark for evil,darkness for peace of mind and spirit,example videos:

2.anything which is solemn is a big bonus,anything which is solemn,religious,and compliments technology is pen ultimate,example videos:

3.i also have a fancy for really nifty fantasy music that doesnt get on the bad side of negative frequency dependent selection:

4.orchestral,classical music usually always catches my fancy if it passes the extreme intelligence rule

5.invigorating,bombastic orchestral music with a great chorus is always loved

6. religious music that passes all of the rule checks and atleast two of the taste preferences is always good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZhoVI93KIc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08neWyn6hjI&list=RD08neWyn6hjI

7.techno and electronic that passes all of the rule checks is always welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTo9UXY84-Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ezi7eCmv7Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-dcoIWfF3E

Edited by GunDownGrace

wat? im not entirely sure if this has any amount of sarcasm or not. yeah, if you want some music suggestions, sure, id tell you of band i like, songs i enjoy, and whatnot, but rules? why would i bend over backwards to have a chance at seeing if you approve of my taste? i dont need that.

Edited by Iceheart125

I like how you ask for new music suggestions but then list all these rules we have to follow. EFF that. Listen to Lord Huron and be effing thankful I even let you know of this godlike band of men.

i like them, thank you for informing me of their existance! :3

wat? im not entirely sure if this has any amount of sarcasm or not. yeah, if you want some music suggestions, sure, id tell you of band i like, songs i enjoy, and whatnot, but rules? why would i bend over backwards to have a chance at seeing if you approve of my taste? i dont need that.

I like how you ask for new music suggestions but then list all these rules we have to follow. EFF that. Listen to Lord Huron and be effing thankful I even let you know of this godlike band of men.

no need to be confrontational guys

im not actually joking,at all,ive been listening to the same exact music set i currently have over and over again for the past few years due to these rules

it's one of the side effects of being mildly schizophrenic

im not actually joking,at all,ive been listening to the same exact music set i currently have over and over again for the past few years due to these rules

You should break out of your comfort zone. There is so much good music out there if you just give it a listen. Try one song at a time, front to end. Otherwise you'll be listening to the same music for the next few years.

That's a pretty wide topic of a "condition" it's generally a fancy word for OCD.

You should break out of your comfort zone. There is so much good music out there if you just give it a listen. Try one song at a time, front to end. Otherwise you'll be listening to the same music for the next few years.

another one i like is apex by foreign beggars

yeah RNGeesus does grant miracles,i discovered this one recently and it passed all the rule checks

kind of manifolded by the government under what i currently have(or what they say i have)

schizoid personality disorder

There you go!

I had to take lessons in psychiatry how long have you had the condition? 

Being a Psychiatrist is terribly easy, I hated it how they just go around labeling people. No one is the same,I believe people usually go through a much broader range of psychiatric conditioning than to just label them.

Edited by Karukiku

There you go!

I had to take lessons in psychiatry how long have you had the condition? 

Being a Psychiatrist is terribly easy, I hated it how they just go around labeling people. No one is the same,I believe people usually go through a much broader range of psychiatric conditioning than to just label them.

honestly i have no idea

one place i went too more than a decade ago said i had social anxiety disorder

this much more recent place said i had schizoid personality disorder X.X

social anxiety i could figure out

schizoid?i can hardly pronounce that

A lot of the music I like to falls under the 6th example you give. Which comes from the Monster Hunter MMO in Japan. They give some pretty awesome battle themes which I like to listen to when I'm playing Warframe, in SFM, or I want to imagine something with music playing.

Other times it's something from the Persona series.

Examples: G-rank Crimson Fatalis Battle Theme  

Dhisufiroa Battle Theme 3 

How old are you?

25 and a half

i liken what i have to "early onset geezerism" as i sporadically wind up in this mood where im crabby,irritable,inflexible, and often nonsensical,hence like a retired imperial inquisitor

then the other half of the time i wind up in a mood where im wisdomful,ensightful,empathetic,and quite calm

Edited by GunDownGrace

honestly i have no idea

one place i went too more than a decade ago said i had social anxiety disorder

this much more recent place said i had schizoid personality disorder X.X

social anxiety i could figure out

schizoid?i can hardly pronounce that

Uh that category involves in the subject shying away from close relationships with others (sexually) as far as I know it.

But (people HATE when I say this) If you're young it can just be a phase, a lot of teens/tweens (unless you're an adult) are shy at younger ages just getting into the topic of intimacy. 

It's PERFECTLY fine to be shy about that subject, most subjects just come out of it (If you're an adult) don't worry it's fine, this is increasingly shown in women who just don't know what to do in those situations, if you're a man then it's also fine.

It sounds like a bad label but it's just another way to say "shy"

(How to cure this?)

Be open more often, it really takes breaking that comfort zone. Just really question what you're doing and soon you'll be mentally fine with whatever!

(DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE IF YOU REALLY NEED IT THOUGH)

Testing this in short bursts can improve your outlook on things!

Don't take with me I only took the classes! But a lot of the time you just need someone who doesn't get payed to help to leave their advice.

Your music tastes? Nothings wrong with that, you just like what you like!

Edited by Karukiku

Uh that category involves in the subject shying away from close relationships with others (sexually) as far as I know it.

But (people HATE when I say this) If you're young it can just be a phase, a lot of teens/tweens (unless you're an adult) are shy at younger ages just getting into the topic of intimacy. 

It's PERFECTLY fine to be shy about that subject, most subjects just come out of it (If you're an adult) don't worry it's fine, this is increasingly shown in women who just don't know what to do in those situations, if you're a man then it's also fine.

It sounds like a bad label but it's just another way to say "shy"

Your music tastes? Nothings wrong with that, you just like what you like!

actually i agree with you,ive been doing better as i get older

i like to think it has to do with brains finalizing themselves at different rates with different people

This a collection of playlists of my most favorites types of music: https://www.youtube.com/user/Rakshal1/playlists?shelf_id=12&sort=dd&view=50

Side note: The section named "Most Favorite Drum And Bass (and Subgenres)" does not contain a lot of mainstream DnB. It mostly contains very dark, aggressive, and just generally brutal subgenres of DnB (such as darkstep, skullstep, and crossbreed).

I always find myself coming back to my most favorite artist Cheshyre though. I frigging love his breakbeat, techno, hardcore techno, and acid techno.

Edited by Rakshal