The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decompression needs visual.

Kirgen

Playing on my laptop today and have a few options turned off -as well as the sound- so the only way I knew that I had taken out a window was the flashing blue of my shields going down slowly. When playing with sound it is easy to know because of the LACK of sound but with audio already off . . .

...the tenno breathe?

i always assumed it was the extremely fine particulate sucked out violently that hurt you.

That would make sense for draining your shields, but the effect would have to drop to nothing after a few seconds when all of the atmosphere/loose matter inside the room vented to vacuum. Since it'll keep draining you for several minutes, I'm guessing it's either the cold of the void or the lack of oxygen, and we play on maps where "the cryo units are malfunctioning", so...it could be either?

Dear god.. I have a massive gaming pc that can run it at max with no issues at all .. and a gaming laptop that can also run it at max with no problems. BUT I don't like the way that bloom and one of the others look like so I had it disabled.

What I am saying is that someone that can not use max settings or has the audio off might die before they can figure out what is going on (middle of a firefight you don't stop to see that the terminal is now higlighted on the minimap.) If the subtitles worked with saying there is a breach it would work as well. just something that does not rely on having one visual setting box checked.

I get what you're saying, although the damage is so slow that during a firefight it's the lowest threat, and afterwards it's obvious when your shields keep draining and the doors are locked. Although I do like the touch of the ship announcement fading out as air escapes the room, maybe a "suit warning light" for low O2?

That would make sense for draining your shields, but the effect would have to drop to nothing after a few seconds when all of the atmosphere/loose matter inside the room vented to vacuum. Since it'll keep draining you for several minutes, I'm guessing it's either the cold of the void or the lack of oxygen, and we play on maps where "the cryo units are malfunctioning", so...it could be either?

well if you notice your shield drops really fast and your HP doesnt, so it would be the explosive decompression coupled with the sudden cold that lowers output and suit efficiency.

didnt ironman have problems in total vaccums for awhile?

@kirgen

i wasnt aware that warframe had actual low, medium, high, auto graphic settings. the only ones are brightness and contrast.

and just lower brightness to the first black bar and youre golden.

in a vaccum the ENTIRE room gets a pretty blue tinge, thats your indication and without bloom/motion blur its even prettier

Edited by Kittygoesmeow

well if you notice your shield drops really fast and your HP doesnt, so it would be the explosive decompression coupled with the sudden cold that lowers output and suit efficiency.

didnt ironman have problems in total vaccums for awhile?

I've actually never gotten drained of shields in a breached room, so I didn't know about the HP part. Ironman had trouble with high-altitude flying because of ice forming on his suit (if we're talking about the movies), in the comics he seemed to always switch to his "vacuum-rated rocket suit" since his repulsors would have nothing to push in space.

i wasnt aware that warframe had actual low, medium, high, auto graphic settings. the only ones are brightness and contrast.

and just lower brightness to the first black bar and youre golden.

in a vaccum the ENTIRE room gets a pretty blue tinge, thats your indication and without bloom/motion blur its even prettier

There are a lot more options than that. . . but one of the boxes (I will go check here in a moment which one it is) that disables the 'pretty blue tinge' That is the issue that I am trying to bring up.

I do like the idea of a low o2 light or something like that on the frame itself.

Okay so .. the HDR setting makes it more noticeable when on (particles rushing through the air towards the window) whereas the bloom and DOF settings make it alltogether disappear when turned off (the color of the room changes by about one shade towards blue.)

Okay so .. the HDR setting makes it more noticeable when on (particles rushing through the air towards the window) whereas the bloom and DOF settings make it alltogether disappear when turned off (the color of the room changes by about one shade towards blue.)

Ahh, I always turn off bloom and HDR, since I'm the one in my group who usually blows out the windows for laughs I might be more experienced for watching the effect

LOL that is possible.

I just thought I would bring it to attention since I ran into the issue today while showing a few classmates (and the prof) the game. Probably helps that it was full day in a bright classroom with a reflective laptop screen as well.

Aren't you guys just the cream of the crop.

It's alright, I'm sure your $200 Dell laptop will play it just fine in 800x600 :3 Who's a gamer? Who's a gamer! You are! Yes you are!

Seriously though, the post was slightly in jest but I've never understood the fascination with gaming laptops, you've got a smaller keyboard, smaller screen, limited hardware that's difficult to upgrade if you even can, and an overall smaller area to conduct the heat in. Dollar for dollar a desktop will beat out a laptop.

It's alright, I'm sure your $200 Dell laptop will play it just fine in 800x600 :3 Who's a gamer? Who's a gamer! You are! Yes you are!

Seriously though, the post was slightly in jest but I've never understood the fascination with gaming laptops, you've got a smaller keyboard, smaller screen, limited hardware that's difficult to upgrade if you even can, and an overall smaller area to conduct the heat in. Dollar for dollar a desktop will beat out a laptop.

But what if they can only afford one or the other and they need something portable?

Semi-on-topic: Clearly the reason your shields are damaged when you blow out a window is solar radiation. Clearly.

Well, there is a distinctive change in visuals if a window breaks, lights go out, the air becomes more foggy and you get some motion-blurr overlay effect. But i can see how that would be easy to miss during a combat. I certainly see how a small text-notice or icon could help the situation. It certainly would not hurt, as it would not be more out of place as a mini-map or an ammo counter.

I think your post's humour was lost in the less humourous, more obnoxious other post of the same variety posted moments before, and I apologize for coming off the way I did. I'm just getting tired of seeing the same old "you're not doing it the way I'm doing it, so you're inferior" post littered around these forums.

I play with friends who play from laptops just fine. The thing I was mostly remarking on was that you both were commenting on the assumption he had his sound turned off because his laptop wasn't good enough to handle it; perhaps he just wanted to play his game whilst listening to music (granted not the best way to stay completely aware, but I won't judge people on how they enjoy playing their games, and an example's an example) or something like that. What if he was deaf and didn't want to outright just say that?

Edited by Swizzlestix

I play with music on too, loud drum and bass, usually so high I can't even hear myself shooting. I kindof assumed that if he was saying he was having trouble noticing things happening in the game, that he wasn't also distracting himself/ignoring/blocking the in-game notifications for things happening, since the ship announcement system starts shouting "Warning: the hull has been breached". If you intentionally limit your awareness, it's silly to complain about things happening that you don't notice, which is what I was assuming. Laptops have been fine with sound for decades, it's not resource-intensive and honestly anying since 1994 can play sound fine.

If he's deaf the screen turns blue, your character stumbles, the doors lock, and your shields drain constantly even if you're behind cover.

I have a gaming laptop because I had the money for it and needed a laptop... I am in an information technology systems course in college an hour away from my desktop. I would rather have something I have the option to play a game on than pay the up front cost of a laptop anyways and not have that option.

Well, there is a distinctive change in visuals if a window breaks, lights go out, the air becomes more foggy and you get some motion-blurr overlay effect. But i can see how that would be easy to miss during a combat. I certainly see how a small text-notice or icon could help the situation. It certainly would not hurt, as it would not be more out of place as a mini-map or an ammo counter.

That is what I originally brought up . . . Disable motion blur and HDR(the foggyness) and every visual you brought up is gone.

That is what I originally brought up . . . Disable motion blur and HDR(the foggyness) and every visual you brought up is gone.

Screen still turns blue, and I have both of those options turned off and it still gives a visual effect when the windows blow out. Go try it a few times.

tbh when the windows break everything in the room should be sucked out except for the tenno (who have magnetic boots) just make them change to walk speed with the inability to dodge or jump and have there shields drain (due to the exstreme cold make sense right?) not only would this make this more..... realistic it would also hide the fact that current griener who have no helmits or shields dont INSTANTLY DIE FROM ALL THE OXYGEN LEAVING THE ROOM!..... what are they doing HOLDING THERE BREATH?

should be more like this

am I the only one that thought this?