The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decompression needs visual.

Kirgen

Sigh. You will do better in conversations if you read what is posted first, and stop assuming everyone but yourself is an idiot.

My point still stands. If Tenno aren't dead from just extraction then it's safe to assume the ship protects him. Even if you can't see the panels enlose in Warframe, it's safe to assume it does based off the Dark Sector Trailer and that you're not dead everytime you finish a mission.

Sorry but your assessement of the video is, to put it bluntly, wrong. Those panels are still moving when the camera changes. You can not see anything resembling those two panels protruding from the bottom of the ship in a location that would suggest those are the same panels. There is every indication they finish covering the Tenno.

Rewatch it. Right at 6:51 is when the panels stop moving although the ship continues moving for about 8 frames before the camera shifts. They have stopped moving when the camera changes, you can see a slight protruberance as the ship is pulling away. There is every indication that a demo video from five years ago is not a good example to use when we don't see it happening in-game, and is hardly going to be checked by the average player who watches the end-mission cinematic.

It's still just a detail that needs a little attention to wrap up any loose ends or questions.

Rewatch it. Right at 6:51 is when the panels stop moving although the ship continues moving for about 8 frames before the camera shifts. They have stopped moving when the camera changes, you can see a slight protruberance as the ship is pulling away. There is every indication that a demo video from five years ago is not a good example to use when we don't see it happening in-game, and is hardly going to be checked by the average player who watches the end-mission cinematic.

It's still just a detail that needs a little attention to wrap up any loose ends or questions.

At 6:57 you get a horizontal view of the ship and there's no more protrusion. You almost might be mistaking it for the tail of the ship, which is the same ship design in warframe. So the trailer is pretty relevent because Warframe takes many ideas and is obviously inspired by it.

Sigh. You will do better in conversations if you read what is posted first, and stop assuming everyone but yourself is an idiot.

Saying "this might sound like nitpicking" doesn't automatically mean you're not nitpicking.

That's like saying "This might sound racist but [lots of racism]" then complaining when someone calls you out on how racist you were.

My point still stands. If Tenno aren't dead from just extraction then it's safe to assume the ship protects him. Even if you can't see the panels enlose in Warframe, it's safe to assume it does based off the Dark Sector Trailer and that you're not dead everytime you finish a mission.

Negative, ghostrider. As you said, you're assuming. When the ship takes off at the end of the mission, sometimes you can see mobs/your rescue NPC standing around. They don't stumble like they just got exposed to vacuum; using your logic, you could assume there isn't any vacuum there since the mobs aren't being hurt.. It's something that could stand some clarification in-game in one way or another.

Saying "this might sound like nitpicking" doesn't automatically mean you're not nitpicking.

That's like saying "This might sound racist but [lots of racism]" then complaining when someone calls you out on how racist you were.

It'd be more like someone saying, "Now this might sound racist but..." and the first response is someone saying "Now you're just being racist." The guy speaking is acknowledging it beforehand, but the guy listening only heard what he wanted to.

It'd be more like someone saying, "Now this might sound racist but..." and the first response is someone saying "Now you're just being racist." The guy speaking is acknowledging it beforehand, but the guy listening only heard what he wanted to.

Did someone say nitpick?

Negative, ghostrider. As you said, you're assuming. When the ship takes off at the end of the mission, sometimes you can see mobs/your rescue NPC standing around. They don't stumble like they just got exposed to vacuum; using your logic, you could assume there isn't any vacuum there since the mobs aren't being hurt.. It's something that could stand some clarification in-game in one way or another.

Enemies don't stumble when airlocks are broken, only the players. Also, i'm pretty sure they don't get damaged just the players.. You also don't see anything besides particle effects being sucked up when glass is broken so your point is moot.

And the AI just standing around is just the AI being the AI. I agree with you that there's a lot of detail missing there regarding the enemies still being active or moving around in the cutscene.

Err I once had a bug where the post-match level up and items obtained window didn't show during the extraction cutscene and I can confidently say that I clearly saw a kind of double door closing up on my excalibur a bit after the extraction ship detaches from the 'doorway'.

Also, my opinion is that the decompression effects are still a little lacklustre. I'd like to at least see objects/bodies near the broken window get sucked out of the ship.

Saying "this might sound racist" suggests that the person thinks it's not actually racist and just sounds that way, which doesn't somehow make you immune to being called out.

Did someone say nitpick?

Now you're just nitpicking

Indeed.

Enemies don't stumble when airlocks are broken, only the players. Also, i'm pretty sure they don't get damaged just the players.. You also don't see anything besides particle effects being sucked up when glass is broken so your point is moot.

And the AI just standing around is just the AI being the AI. I agree with you that there's a lot of detail missing there regarding the enemies still being active or moving around in the cutscene.

The glass is sucked out. The mobs are hurt when the effect is going on. The mobs stumble. I just took this for you.

http://imgur.com/QQGD3

You can reproduce this effect for yourself. Go knock out a window with mobs around you. Do you even play the game?

Saying "this might sound racist" suggests that the person thinks it's not actually racist and just sounds that way, which doesn't somehow make you immune to being called out.

Called out? Are you being serious? I flat out stated that it was nitpicking on the details. Are you immune to reading?

Just to be clear you said you "might" which implys even you were uncertain, so it's not considered a statement.

Sounds like you're just nitpicking on details.

After all this is said and done, simple things remain: the effects of vacuum on the Tenno and in general are not presented in a consistent manner in-game.

Err I once had a bug where the post-match level up and items obtained window didn't show during the extraction cutscene and I can confidently say that I clearly saw a kind of double door closing up on my excalibur a bit after the extraction ship detaches from the 'doorway'.

Thank you 0bit! I'm glad someone was able to clear that up.

Anyway I am ducking out of this thread because it has devolved into arguing over semantics and tiny nuances, as what seems to often happen when Wiawyr posts in a thread.

If anyone needs me I'll be over here with Occam's Razor ;)