Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3Ds Max 8 Advice?

GunDownGrace

never mind why im using something that antiquated

all i want to do is make a nice image,upload the thing as a texture,and have that texture coat the object like i had just splashed paint all over it

been spending the past three hours trying to figure out how,and after that + no sucess +every single tutorial in existence talking about files types that arent even remotely similar to jpeg or png...i refuse to google it...this is one of the rare instances google search can induce insanity

is there any way to actually apply a custom made image onto the object like a paint?rather than messing with something that does not work

(i worked out how to get my image into the materials library,and upload it onto each of those little spheres in the material editor,but every time i do that the all important "set material to selection" button grays out...it doesnt do this with the materials that came with 3dsmax8,which are all universally awfull by the way)

pretty much

i jsut want to make a custom texture...like a nice armor segment,and put it to an object like that paint thing you did there

So just basic material application stuff ? You aren't trying to unwrap anything fancy ?

43oxSX4.jpg

VQMHctn.jpg

o9cF2tL.jpg

Is this what you need ?

If not  then you can PM me with specifics and i could help you get it done right if you want.

So just basic material application stuff ? You aren't trying to unwrap anything fancy ?

43oxSX4.jpg

VQMHctn.jpg

o9cF2tL.jpg

Is this what you need ?

If not  then you can PM me with specifics and i could help you get it done right if you want.

i think ill pm you,my version of 3ds max is alot older