Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plats Vs Ducats?

thehotsung8701A

Question

Do you guys sell your extra prime parts to other players for plats or do you sell it to the void trader for ducats?

If you do sell it for plats, what are some tips you can give a beginner like myself.  WTFtrading price are usually lower than normal pricing, and since pricing is base on supply and demand, how do you know a good price to sell?  Same with how do you know what a good price to buy?

Do you have to monitor trade chat constantly and have some sort of spreadsheet?

On to ducats, are all things that you can buy with ducats exclusive to only the void trader?

I just want to make this short and simple.

Thanks guy!

7 answers to this question

1. Well, prime parts I get a lot of I give to ducats, commons I pick up from T1 Defense etc. Prime parts that worth a lot I'll sell in market, Chassis, Helmets, Etc. Mostly mods. I occasionally use WFTrading for a common price but mostly I just check on trade chat to see what the other sellers are doing at that moment,

2. The pricing on there is not very up to date and a lot of it is dependent on region, time of day, and need of demand and the supply and rarity of it obviously. For example, to find out the right price that is between you and the seller/buyer that comes down to common sense. Let's say Volt Prime Chassis is going for 90p in trade chat, I would sell mine at around 85p if I can, 75p would be the lowest, thus you didn't come out ahead, but you didn't come out behind.

3. It's also judging the people where they should give you an offer and you should give a counter offer, or just say, Thank you for your time. 

4. I monitor trade chat at least once a day. This isn't EvE online the game of spread sheets, this is pure hard core barter and trade. 

5. Ducats are used for the void trader and can't be refunded, re-transmitted etc. They are used primarily to get rare mods, skins and specialized items and weapons. 

http://deathsnacks.com/wf/
Is a website to tell you alerts, it also keeps track of the trader when he's in and out. He comes about every two weeks.

Edited by ChloeSakuna

Everyone in trading( not specifically warframe, real life too) are giving a higher price when selling stuff and offering a lower price when buying stuff. That is because whoever you will encounter will negotiate. And the negotiating price will be closer to the average price that the offered one. Because of these, putting a more favorable than normal price will net you a better win at that trade. 

Example:  I offer ( this not being real, just an example) Paris prime grip for 15 plat, when the average price is 8. Someone whispers me andwants to buy for 8. I whisper him back :' Not like you, not like me , it'll be for 11 plat' and we trade. Because of this,  I gained more than it should, so you can call I 'won' the trade. 

When offers are, however,too far from the average price, like someone offering 10 plat for a max serration or for something that is more expensive,they will not get any whisper,other than maybe those those that say:' that price is too low' (warframe community does not use aggresive language :P)

Trash parts are ducuts

Good parts are plat money.

The market is kinda whatever the players want based on the value of platinum. I normally look at chat or forums and get am idea of the min and max of stuff.

I don't monitor it constantly but I just make mental note of groups that are in high demand.

Yes everything for the void trader can only be bought from him. Weapons and mods can be bought from players in trade chat but ultimately he is the only true source.

I'm a frequent buyer and I will make this real easy:

1) Don't spam WTS, read the WTB entries.

2) Sell cheap

3) Sell during off hours.

It's a buyer's market. Check out the trade chat any time day or night. WTS WTS WTS WTS WTS the same people over and over trying to sell every common, uncommon and rare thing under the sun and I never read any of it.

When I want to buy something I just say "WTB: XYZ, please PM me with a price." and then I get hit with PM's. People asking me to make offers or trying to start discussions get no response. Lowest price gets paid. Higher prices get a polite decline. Simple as that.

Watching WTB and sending PM's will get you buyers instead of lost in the spam

Low price will make you money instead of send you home with nothing.

Off hours will give you less competition.

I'm a frequent buyer and I will make this real easy:

1) Don't spam WTS, read the WTB entries.

2) Sell cheap

3) Sell during off hours.

It's a buyer's market. Check out the trade chat any time day or night. WTS WTS WTS WTS WTS the same people over and over trying to sell every common, uncommon and rare thing under the sun and I never read any of it.

When I want to buy something I just say "WTB: XYZ, please PM me with a price." and then I get hit with PM's. People asking me to make offers or trying to start discussions get no response. Lowest price gets paid. Higher prices get a polite decline. Simple as that.

Watching WTB and sending PM's will get you buyers instead of lost in the spam

Low price will make you money instead of send you home with nothing.

Off hours will give you less competition.

Off hours as in say Midnight pacific time?  Or do you mean hours where people go to work?

Off hours as in say Midnight pacific time?  Or do you mean hours where people go to work?

Whenever the game is low population for your server, yeah. Less competition combined with medium/low price will get you sales and that's what you want. 10p ten times. Not fish stories about someone who paid 30p one time while you're left holding a bag of unsold stuff spamming WTS instead of playing.

Edited by VKhaun