The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival: Rewards Vs Time

CruelCrow

The problem with Survival as opposed to other mission types is that it can't be rushed. A new MR0 and an MR19 with 1000+ hours have to play the mission at the same pace. Waiting 20 minutes for 1 possible reward is just a huge timesink.

Could the rotation times be halved into 2.5-3 minutes each, but in turn enemies scale much more quickly? This would let players show/use skill more, reduce timesink/grinding, and require players to be stronger, especially for things like T4 survivals.

Survival is kinda silly to me just because it's way too easy to have "survive" as your only objective with the stealth and CC frames we have.

But anyways, does this idea sound good in terms of balance and reducing grind?

i think it's a good idea, and also the rarity of the reward should scale with time, the longer we stay the better chances we have to get a rarer reward

That also wont work, what de will do is lower chance for rares before high waves and then it will be exactly the same as we have now.

Easiest way would be to make drop chances equal for everything, no more rare parts, no more 0.52% drop chances just pure randomness. Wont happen either.

I just wish it would be like when they just introduced survival. Rotation system is not only horrible but is also very unfair. Some items are very "biased", such as ember prime helmet in t3 survival for example. In my opinion rotation system should go away and just 1 list of rewards which repeats every time rewards are being given. Or like you OP suggested.

Survival turned into very boring and easy game type. Only thing you worry about in survival is LS which is not what the idea of survival should be. Excavation is great mode and a lot of fun but survival is just plain horrible as it is, To be real survival we should worry about enemies pressuring us, not LS running out.

And Time:Reward ration is horrible. spending days or even weeks for single item creates even bigger burn out effect than getting and enjoying that single reward you are after.

Great idea.

Heard it somewhere already and ill give same response.

De wont make it since it would lessen grind.

sadly i must agree. DE wont realize that their game is way too grindy.. They invest more time on the game instead of in the game. They dont have thousands of hours than a lot of players have but they still dont listen to the community..