The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Difficulties Of Small Changes/additions To Warframe

BlutAdler

Good morning good folk of WF!

To inform you straight away this isn't a post explaining anything but more requesting to talk about a prominent and unique feature of the game we all hold dear.

Warframe, without much challenge, is a game that boasts an ever changing tide. Every week there is something added, big or small, and something changed or both. 

I am requesting and/or begging a group of very talented people and other who may not be so talented to seriously discuss how things get implemented (step by step if you have the time) from idea, to sketch, to model and then to production. Those of you that have either worked in development before, read a lot of material on how some of the process works. Or even if DE comes and blesses us with some insight on how things are created for us to enjoy.

To add some specifics to start the convo. What inspired me to make this thread was setting eyes upon on fan art featuring Chroma, hand on sword, pelt on back, and his energy wings sprouted instead of the actual mechanic. 

This made me curious about the difficulty of making it a realistic function to allow his wings to come out during times other than when his ultimate ability is being used.

For examples sake, his spectral scream, or when vex armor reaches max potential strength.

I'd be interested to hear your viewpoints on the main topic guys! Thank you!

Guest Caderyn

Aww no one wanted to contribute lol

:DDD

Well it's funny, but not really true. It's just very difficult to programme certain things in an already complex game. If you don't know, get into the game ArmA 3, and start editing and scripting. I have been doing it for almost 2 years, and I'm still a noob.

I do have ideas (as does nearly every member of the community in this game, which is good), but unfortunately I do not have the programming savvy or even artistic nature to put it into any usable form for the dev team.

I will undoubtedly come back to this post soon, but I have other work to do at the mo, so I look forward to more discussion on this. :-)

No one can answer this except DE. Someone with experience in the development field may be able to give you insight on the typical or general process, but no one here on the forums knows exactly the process DE goes through when implementing anything. 

That said, they have provided info on certain development processes which can be found in the articles on the main website. 

Well it was worth a try. I was more asking people to speculate and then if they had some sort of minor information that may have backed their speculation, I would've enjoyed reading and their participation. 

I wasn't really directly asking how DE implements anything into the game.