Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Death (Or A Dc) Is The Only Escape!

_Rue_

Remember that one alert you wanted to finish so you'd get the item you've been waiting for? Remember the one that failed? Remember that same one that ran out of time by the time you were about to do it again?

I hate it when missions fail. So you fail mid mission then what? You forego your life as a tenno and join the marines?!

Here's a what I propose to make failing more interesting.

Give us a different mission to make up for it.

Here are possible examples:

Mission Type: Rescue

If you fail you have to get 4 data mass that contain the info your informant was supposed to have... before you let him/her die. lol

Mission Type: Defense

If you fail this mission, a boss comes out and you have to avange the slain tenno that was in stasis... before you let him or her die. :)

Mission Type: Mobile Defense

If you fail this during the data stage, you have to get capture someone to get the info. Then it goes into the defense phase.

If you fail the defense phase, similar to defense, a boss will appear and you have to kill him just for kicks!

Other possible mission consequences are:

Escape! - an overwhelming amount of enemies will spawn and you have to run to the extraction point or die! The increase is gradual until the first minute then it spikes!

Stalker-Eachof the tenno in the game will be spawned in a different area of the ship to do battle with Stalker on their own! :D

This way no mission fails (completely)! Yay!

What do you think?

This poses a great question: Since mission success conditions can change, why not mission failures?  I don't agree with making outs for every failure possibility, but I do agree with making outs for some of them or creating "go down in a blaze of glory" failure conditions like what was suggested for Defense or Escape.

The Rescue suggestion would be a great idea if carrying a data mass actually hindered the player in some way.  I don't know that it does though.  Examples: Use of dual wield pistols or two handed weapons result in half the "fire rate".  Run speed decreases by 10% because the data masses look like desktop PCs with giant handles.

Mission Type: Defense

If you fail this mission, a boss comes out and you have to avenge the slain tenno that was in stasis... before you let him or her die. :)

What do you think?

Would the same thing happen with defense of a reactor - Avenge the reactor's death? ;)

This poses a great question: Since mission success conditions can change, why not mission failures?  I don't agree with making outs for every failure possibility, but I do agree with making outs for some of them or creating "go down in a blaze of glory" failure conditions like what was suggested for Defense or Escape.

The Rescue suggestion would be a great idea if carrying a data mass actually hindered the player in some way.  I don't know that it does though.  Examples: Use of dual wield pistols or two handed weapons result in half the "fire rate".  Run speed decreases by 10% because the data masses look like desktop PCs with giant handles.

Would the same thing happen with defense of a reactor - Avenge the reactor's death? ;)

oh yeah forgot reactors... I will smite thee for destroying the legacy of a once-great civ? :))