The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make The Weapon/warframe Level 60 Instead Of 30?

Icebreccer

That would mean that the normal max level would be 30 and with a shiny potato installed you could reach level 60 instead. This would add up the challenge since you can't supercharge your weapon right away and it would make the game last a lot longer. You would have to actually spend a lot of time to actually get one frame/weapon to its max level.

I know that some of you guys just plain hate the idea, but me and my friend think that it would be actually pretty sweet.

I'm actually unable to interpret what the idea you suggest is?

Are you suggesting that all items actually level to 60 and the reactor/catalyst simply gives you 2 levels for every one such that you can get every item to 60 regardless of reactor/catalyst inclusion?

If that's the case, no, that simply doesn't fit within the game architecture to date in my opinion.  I don't hate it, I just don't think it offers anything other than devaluing reactors/catalysts pretty significantly.

Or if you are instead saying that the reactor/catalyst just means the levels 31-60 are accessible now and earnable?

Perhaps.  But to apply this to all existing equipment at present would either pre-set a LOT of weapons to 60 or make numerous items suddenly unable to use all the mods users assigned to them.

In either case, it doesn't seem like it would be a good fit or do anything for a net positive so much as be change for change sake.

I'm actually unable to interpret what the idea you suggest is?

Are you suggesting that all items actually level to 60 and the reactor/catalyst simply gives you 2 levels for every one such that you can get every item to 60 regardless of reactor/catalyst inclusion?

If that's the case, no, that simply doesn't fit within the game architecture to date in my opinion.  I don't hate it, I just don't think it offers anything other than devaluing reactors/catalysts pretty significantly.

Or if you are instead saying that the reactor/catalyst just means the levels 31-60 are accessible now and earnable?

Perhaps.  But to apply this to all existing equipment at present would either pre-set a LOT of weapons to 60 or make numerous items suddenly unable to use all the mods users assigned to them.

In either case, it doesn't seem like it would be a good fit or do anything for a net positive so much as be change for change sake.

No, he's saying change it so all levels make it so you get 1 mod level, but with a potato you can level it to 60. Same amount of mod capacity, you just have to work for it.

No, he's saying change it so all levels make it so you get 1 mod level, but with a potato you can level it to 60. Same amount of mod capacity, you just have to work for it.

So the second part of my post stands.

Levels 31-60 only accessible with a reactor/catalyst slotted.  

I'm all for lengthening the development curve a smidge but I don't think this sounds like the way to go.

Like Chris suggested, I don't think anything like this is going to happen.  With prestige on the way, there's no point to upping the level cap on weapons and frames, especially in the way you suggest.  Plus, imagine how pissed folks who actually purchased potatoes would be if they suddenly found their 60 capacity weapons and frames sitting at 30 capacity, with another long 30 level grind ahead of them.  I know I'd be livid.

Also, it sounds like this would disincentivize the purchase of potatoes (you'd basically be paying to grind more) and that would likely hurt DE.

I generally like the idea of increasing the weapon/warframe mastery level. However what are you going to do with 120 Mod points and 8 mod slots?

I do like the challenge of having to level your Weapons/Warframe more, but there need to be other form of benefits.

Maybe every level after 30 - 60 will give it passive buff like increase damage, ammo, crit chance etc like how Warframe get power, hp and shield cap when they level up.

Yes, that is what I meant. I knew that this idea would probably get slaughtered...

Yes, that is what I meant. I knew that this idea would probably get slaughtered...

I kinda like it, but seeing as I wud have to cap all those stuffs again... And the exp needed... At 5xs, that's gunna b like 5 kappa runs a level...

What would be the benefit of leveling it to 60?

I mean same mod capacity. Is mod points going to be the same as well?

In that case people have no reason to level it to 60. I mean it's not like it actually tells other people what level your weapons are so showing off is out of the question unless everyone start making thread and posting screen shot of it.

What would be the benefit of leveling it to 60?

I mean same mod capacity. Is mod points going to be the same as well?

In that case people have no reason to level it to 60. I mean it's not like it actually tells other people what level your weapons are so showing off is out of the question unless everyone start making thread and posting screen shot of it.

There is no benefit as I said. It would just make you do some WORK in order to gain those extra levels to your weapons. This has nothing to do with bragging just a way to make you do some extra work to actually max out your weapons.

So make weapons more of timesink and now you need an item to get full mastery of out it?

I get the idea, you think you're doing the F2P players a favor and givng a big take that to us stinky plat users. and extending game life.

In reality you just made weapon less effective  Since even with a potatoe it'll take over Rank 30 to see the real benefits of one and makes customizing more a hassle  regardless also you kinda kill the point of mastery since its suppose to encourage use of different weapons... This method pretty much tells you to pick a select few and run with them.

ergo you've really hurt crafting cause you've hurt the whole point in experimenting with different weapons cause now even a basic weapon is a much larger investment and to get a full feel on its abilities you have to potatoe it.

Also the whole "Make them "Work" for it!"

No offense, reeks of a Leetness mentality

Not everyone has 5 hours to sink into the game daily, hell some will be lucky if they have 5 hours to sink into it on a weekend.

Edited by FrostWolf

I don't think I hurt any weapons with my idea or the versatility of them for that matter. It could even make changing weapons a tad easier in some rare cases. I mean now you can just level up your guns and test them in their non-potatoed state, think of them all being equal. Then at level 30 you can finally decide which weapon suits your style the best and apply your shiny potato on it. At least you don't go wasting your potatoes right away on new weapons you just bought/crafted.

And this doesn't really have anything to do with F2P/Platinum things. I just wanted a little extra grind that's all. My opinion, nothing else.

Main source of Potatoes are from Market, Platinum.

Everything so far in this game, that you can get can be crafted.

People buy Platinum to speed things up, So they can get the item instantly, or speed up building it.

Buying a potato with Platinum that only act as a limit lift, just completely defeated the purpose of Platinum.

I understand where you're coming from, but I disapprove this message.

No one has addressed what I see as the major problem with being able to lvl to 60: a warframe w/ lvl60 base shield & health is asinine in the context of the current game.  This is completely unnecessary, and speaking for myself, unwanted.

Now the problem of content comsumption is something completely different and I do think that should be addressed; but I think that would be better affected through adjusting defense missions (dramatically increasing the scaling on mob difficulty per wave, capping affinity gain to a limited number of waves, etc...).

No one has addressed what I see as the major problem with being able to lvl to 60: a warframe w/ lvl60 base shield & health is asinine in the context of the current game.  This is completely unnecessary, and speaking for myself, unwanted.

Well, their "base" never moves, but we don't mean the same base.  I do not see this as nearly as big of a problem as the extra grind it creates or the complaints that would arise because of the extra mastery.  

Well, their "base" never moves, but we don't mean the same base.  I do not see this as nearly as big of a problem as the extra grind it creates or the complaints that would arise because of the extra mastery.  

Yes, you must mean something different from me, b/c yes the base shield & health pools (that is shield & health pool amount not modified by mods) does change w/ lvl.

Grinding is ok, as long as the grind has an appropriate incentive.  I think that is a little skewed due to there being a bit too much incentive to run defense missions at current, but this is not so far skewed as to be broken in my opinion. 

I do agreed that the OP's proposed change would have a very harmful effect on current incentives & on the value of ingame currency; both of which would be very bad for the game.