The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worth Adding Steel Fibre?

(PSN)Kitehighland

Question

looking mainly at my ash with his massive health pool and going on to higher level survivals. the low initial armour value of 65 means my current 100% steel fibre only takes it upto 130, which is still low compared to some warframes base values without that mod.

does anyone feel it is a worthwhile mod for lower level frames?

cheers

andy

For Valkyr, Chroma, Frost, Saryn, Oberon + to a lesser extent Ember Prime and Volt Prime.

Have still to see (any) person to use Rhino as a Rage-tank.

everybody can do what they want, but I'd rather not on frames like obie and saryn.

putting a rank 8 fiber on those frames saves you 16% dmg once your shields go down, but you have to sacrifice a mod slot for that, and those frames are more high maintenance to me.

those frames are trying to max in a lot of directions and can use a lot of mods as it is without squeezing in another.

My rule of thumb is, like most have said, only put steel fiber on frames that already have high base armor values (150+). Valkyr, Chroma, and Frost are the frames that stand to get the most out of having higher armor values. Frost benefits from having high armor as armor now affects snowglobe, so there's that.

My rule of thumb is to get as many mods as possible to r6, as that's kind of a sweet spot as far as credit/mod cost vs yield, boosting to r8 when I am able. Most of my mods that can be ranked to 10 are sitting at r8. Boosting it farther is a hefty mod and credit investment, and I've burned through most of my duplicate mods. So yeah, there's that.

everybody can do what they want, but I'd rather not on frames like obie and saryn.

putting a rank 8 fiber on those frames saves you 16% dmg once your shields go down, but you have to sacrifice a mod slot for that, and those frames are more high maintenance to me.

those frames are trying to max in a lot of directions and can use a lot of mods as it is without squeezing in another.

I sacrifice Redirection.

If you just use SF for pure durability - the benefit is not that high. For Rage-tanking the difference is VERY noticeable, as you get energy for mitigated damage too and health-tanking constantly. So it's ~20% to both survivability AND energy income. I use Saryn and Oberon as Rage-casters primarily, so SR is a must for my builds.

another very minor point is that while you're in a 'growth' phase of the game you might want to keep the point totals on the 10 rank mods even, as you'll most likely be putting them on your polarized slots, since they will be the highest value mods, and an 11 on a polarized slot costs 6 just the same as a 12 on that slot due to rounding.

just a little extra efficiency

if it was a rank 5 mod I probably would just pop it up to max even if it ends up being an 11 just because it's so easy to max and you'd want the extra dmg

Thanks for the tip but I don't quite follow?

Thanks for the tip but I don't quite follow?

what I'm saying is that if you have a redirection mod on a polarity slot the mod value is cut in half in terms of points used and they round up.

redirection is base 4, so rank 7 would make it 11 points, while rank 8 would make it 12 points.

both rank 7 and rank 8 redirection will be halved to a point value of 6 on a polarity slot, so you might as well make it 8 instead of 7.

Not sure if I needed to give such a long winded explanation but meh.

appreciate the thought but am already running a rage build cheers. just wondered whether steel fibre would help as i let myself get damaged to get energy. i use equilibrium as a main method to gain health back as i mainly run and gun.