Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Vote Kick Feature. Info Inside.

-Vondred-

Wow, so many people that want to make this complicated than it needs to be. There is already a very simple tool in place to ensure that you don't end up playing with trolls. It's called the contacts list. Put people who agree with your style on your contacts list. Put "leeches" and "rushers" or "slow pokes" or anyone else you don't want to play with not on your contacts list. Do this until you have a list of contacts you like to play with. Play with people (only) that are on your contacts and do not play with random people anymore. I haven't played with random people in a long long time.

There is no way to implement a vote kick system that can not be abused in some way. Instead of asking for more power just handle the situation with the tools that you already have. Yes, it will take a little time and just a little effort, but I promise you it can be done, you can use the contacts list to protect yourself from trolls of all kinds and ages and power levels, wether they live under a bridge or not. No need to pull back and nuke the sight from orbit, let the contacts list be your shield and sword!

It comes up more often then you think and in most games, it doesn't turn out well.  I don't expect Warframe to turn out better.  There will be more abuse then proper use of the kick function.

Even if a kicked player gets migrated to their own game at any time, that means that they will then be soloing a teamwork mission.  It probably won't turn out well.

While yes there are some situations where an immediate kick would make the other players feel better, I wouldn't doubt that if your kick system gets implemented you will probably get kicked at least once within 2 weeks.

The player that brought you here to post another kick suggestion thread was behaving badly and was exaggerating the situation, but it didn't sound completely unplausible.  The rooms that the mobile defense objectives are in are huge.  You can be in the same room and still be far enough away killing enemies before they get close to the objective.  It would take a video to figure it out best, but it is possible that while several of you were off killing, some of the mobs from other entrances were getting through.

As it is, that other player needed to tell you that instead of saying someone has to quit.  He reacted wrong, and there should be a report function for his actions that could get action in the long term.  Sadly in the short term, there shouldn't be action like a kick.  It will allow more grief to come around then we want.  Vote kicks, and host kicks will end up abused or over used and with your system having lasting effects like a ban, that would be even worse then just kicking players.

Even if a kicked player gets migrated to their own game at any time, that means that they will then be soloing a teamwork mission.  It probably won't turn out well.

I don't know if you've noticed, but a several updates ago a change was made so that difficulty of solo missions scales down (a bit too well now. Try soloing a defense. Enemies will come in waves of 1 to 3 at a time until the full number in the wave is complete. This makes soloing defenses painfully easy, and painfully slow.) a kicked player moved to their own session wouldn't have any disadvantage unless the ai difficulty and number of max enemies at once suddenly failed to scale accordingly.

I think that most (not all) but most players can agree a vote-kick feature is probably needed- or at least generally wanted- but it's implementation is also a key topic of debate. Some of us (like the OP)would like to see it harsher as the reason for kicking someone may be entirely well deserved- while others (like myself) would like to see it be more lenient in order to reduce the potential for abuse. And still other's(like yourself) seem to feel the potential for abuse is too high to justify implementation at all. The are all perfectly acceptable viewpoints, but I feel strongly that a vote-kick system (not host-has ability to kick for trolololz) can be implemented in a fair and effective manner that minimizes the potential for abuse while still retaining the functionality of removing a troublesome player from the session.

Wow, so many people that want to make this complicated than it needs to be. There is already a very simple tool in place to ensure that you don't end up playing with trolls. It's called the contacts list. Put people who agree with your style on your contacts list. Put "leeches" and "rushers" or "slow pokes" or anyone else you don't want to play with not on your contacts list. Do this until you have a list of contacts you like to play with. Play with people (only) that are on your contacts and do not play with random people anymore. I haven't played with random people in a long long time.

There is no way to implement a vote kick system that can not be abused in some way. Instead of asking for more power just handle the situation with the tools that you already have. Yes, it will take a little time and just a little effort, but I promise you it can be done, you can use the contacts list to protect yourself from trolls of all kinds and ages and power levels, wether they live under a bridge or not. No need to pull back and nuke the sight from orbit, let the contacts list be your shield and sword!

this

1) there must be a way to deal with trolls(afkers, lagers and similar). i think there should be a short and long term solutions.

short term solutions

a) kicking through a vote with a reason "troll" or similar

b) reporting the player as a troll/afker/lagger

long term solutions

a) if a player gets kick out more than twice a week he enters a probing period. after that for a set amount of time since his last kick all of his kicks/reports will be tracked and then dealt with either automatically or by a authorized person(expensive)

b) a reported troll should not be able to enter online game with the player that reported him for a set amount of time. after a set amount of reports from different players this troll will have to be dealt with by a authorized person. a player that got reported as a lagger a set amount of times in a set amount of time(10 times in a week maybe)should not be able to host online games for some time. a reported afker will be removed from online game after a very short amount of time after being afk(maybe 30 seconds?) so that an active player might join.

2) kicking system is needed for various reasons, but it must be implemented in a way to minimize abuse. the player that kicks someone out must bear responsibility for his actions.

a player that initiates a vote-kick or all players that vote for kicking should be logged and if there are complains from a set amount of victims(5, maybe less if supervised by authorized person), players that kicked should be unable to initiate or vote for kicking for a set amount of time(a month?)

tl;dr kicking and reporting a both needed, but in order to minimize abuse such systems should be like a double edged sword, that protects if used the right way, but punishes if misused

EDIT: i have more than 100 hours of gameplay, about 10 people in my friends list, from which only 1 is sometimes online, and mostly playing solo(most of others quit playing after a week). so tell me again, how i should play eris, pluto or any high level mission with my friends.

i am a tolerant person and i adapt easily to different playstyles, thats why i can easily play online games with random people, and don't need a big friends list to enjoy this game. but there is nothing i can do about a troll whose only purpose is to disrupt the game for other players

Edited by dzxbeast