Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Mod Polarity: Jack Of All Trade And "noob Lube" Type

Inhimilis

I have long tough about having a few new mod polarity types, a jack of all trades (X polarity) type and a so called "noob lube" type (blank polarity).

Having a jack of all trades polarity that will combine other type of powers like having health and shield on the same card but with less effect and increased cost. Giving the benefit of having more slots open for specialized options. The polarity would also be able to slot into opposite polarities without penalty, but have no reduced cost being slotted into it's own slot (therefore you cant have jack of all trades X polarities on weapons and frames).

Blank polarity mods would be thing that come with weapons (like 40% increased damage, mid range elemental damage, basic warframe abilities). They cost no energy to slot in but decrease in power as the power level rise on the item or suit, having the benefit of a bit of a boost before finding proper mods. Cant be upgraded and are general throw away when you get better stuff. Also only have one blank polarity slotted at a time.

Any opinions on this?

I was skeptical when I read the subject line, but this is... actually extremely clever.

Good thinking, mate.  +1.

Pretty much this. Still iffy on the Jack-of-All-Trades kind, but it's IFFY feeling not "NOPE" feeling. Much better than expected.

I think the OP is confusing and needs rewording to more precisely describe what they are proposing, but the overall idea sounds intriguing.

Was just tossing out what I had in my head at the moment. Most seemed to understand the direction I wanted it to go.