The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod's That Need A Change

Latiac

Title of the thread says it all. Some mods are completely not worth using in comparison to others. Mainly looking at mods like Rifle Aptitude and Sure shot compared to the Dual Status mods etc.

Main point of this thread is to list mods that are unused. or near-never used and propose change ideas on how to make those mods better and actually worth using.

I don't want to see these mods removed at all. they could be worth it with a bit of tweaking. it's always useful to have viable alternate mods to event mods.

Rifle Aptitude - Sure shot and all the other weapon type variations of those mods. : Let's face it. 15% status on the maxed mod is poor. even on a weapon with 20% status chance it won't do much. and to make it better the Dual stat mods do the same thing but add more status chance with an element type with it. all for one mod slot.

Changes : Make it at least a 60% status chance at max rank. it would be worth using then and would be a viable contender for those people that don't have the correct Dual stat mods yet. and it would be worth using.

Intruder : I think everyone knows why this mod is here.

Changes : Make it an Aura mod - Adds 1 second per each team member running it and gives 2 seconds of invisibility while hacking a panel. Additional Intruder's increase the amount of time in invisibility also. for a total of

2 seconds - 1 Intruder

3.5 seconds 2 intruders

5 seconds - 3 Intruders

7 seconds if all 4 members are running intruder.

This would make the mod more viable than it currently is. and could actually benefit the team and it's members during runs. especially Spy 2.0m Could be VERY useful for Public matches.

What unused mods would you like to see changed and what would you change them to?

Edited by Latiac

I think other then those to mods , the majority of mods are already pretty balanced and have their uses. However i believe that Intruder is just useless. No idea why anyone would put that on a warframe. But that cant be changed to make it better. UNLESS it made you invisible when hacking. That would be nice. As it would stop you from taking damage. I.E Intruder makes you invisible for X percentage of your hacking time, and if you finish hacking before the time runs out then you get to be invisible for the remainder.

I think other then those to mods , the majority of mods are already pretty balanced and have their uses. However i believe that Intruder is just useless. No idea why anyone would put that on a warframe. But that cant be changed to make it better. UNLESS it made you invisible when hacking. That would be nice. As it would stop you from taking damage. I.E Intruder makes you invisible for X percentage of your hacking time, and if you finish hacking before the time runs out then you get to be invisible for the remainder.

An Intruder overhaul would be great. adding a few seconds COULD be useful. but in all honesty it'd only be one of those mods i'd put on if I had 2 mods points left and NOTHING left to put on it.

Making you invisible while doing it is a good idea. or better yet make it so when it's equipped harder ciphers come up less frequently. Heck. Intruder as a Aura could be a possibility.

The primary and secondary physical damage mods are way too weak to use in any situation. A thing I like about modding melee weapons is deciding when to use the 90% physical mods over the 60% event mods. For the guns though, it's event physical damage mods or nothing.

Making you invisible while doing it is a good idea. or better yet make it so when it's equipped harder ciphers come up less frequently. Heck. Intruder as a Aura could be a possibility.

Now that you mention it it only makes sense to have intruder be an aura. But if the invis is a thing then it has to only apply to the person who is doing the hack. 

The primary and secondary physical damage mods are way too weak to use in any situation. A thing I like about modding melee weapons is deciding when to use the 90% physical mods over the 60% event mods. For the guns though, it's event physical damage mods or nothing.

Clarify?

Now that you mention it it only makes sense to have intruder be an aura. But if the invis is a thing then it has to only apply to the person who is doing the hack. 

Clarify?

Intruder as an Aura would add total seconds to the Ciphers per team members running it. as with all other Aura mods. aswell as that people could become invisible while using Intruder, which would be good and the invisibility would have a countdown timer. the more Aura's of Intruder there are. the longer the hack time is. and the longer you stay invisible.

That re-work could work well. and could make Intruder ACTUALLY viable to some people.

I think the other post was meant to say about how Melee weapons have better alternatives. Spoiled strike comes to mind.

Edited by Latiac

I kinda sorta vaguely remember DE stating that there would be a mod for your sentinel which would hack the console for you.

This is from long long long ago when I quit around U10. Now that I'm back, no such mod in sight.

=(

I kinda sorta vaguely remember DE stating that there would be a mod for your sentinel which would hack the console for you.

This is from long long long ago when I quit around U10. Now that I'm back, no such mod in sight.

=(

That mod would be useful in some ways I guess. but I suppose Ciphers somewhat do a similar thing.