The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Tactical Possibilities In Approching Mission Alerts Would Be Awesome!

kyuubi11001

since my last thread about imbalanced solo missioning was closed, because of minor offensive language i guess(i don't get it why, but this is another story), i was sitting there and doing some ideas about how to improve mission experience. I don't know if this ideas are portable to the game-engine and its mechanics but i think this could improve the variety in doing missions for the players individual needs.

First i realize that the tenno are some kind of special forces mercenaries, which don't take somebody's part(nor parties(politics) or sympathy) they are just Punks and doing stuff for its challenge, like the Predator from the Movie. I came to the conclusion that missions should be more challenging in its overall gameplay goals. Not just in spamming tons of enemies everywhere and you have to take some simple task aside, like capture this guy or collect all 4 datanotes. By the way i like this missions where missiongoals are changed on the fly. 

However i just make a lost below about my ideas:

- so we all doing missions for our own needs>

-----players want only credits, or focus in getting more moduls to improve its characteristics or just farming some rare blueprints

- why not make a epic rare mission alert(high class mission) which consist of chronologic connected locations all over the solar system.

-----first mission will show on the alert sticker as a quest

--------if you accept it u have the player have to wait for others(so there is no hotjoin like it is in regular missions)

--------there in the lobby u see the players, a overall map of the location where the group gets information about enemy devision strength, special locations(so rooms where the players can do stuff like hacking to jam communications, so there will no reinforcments spawn. Or just to take out the alarm system[communications room]; also a starting point; evacuation point; rooms where it is most likely meeting heavy resistance and of course where special bossmobs are.) and its individual missions goals

--------player can now choose thier approch by select one of maybe three starting locations or they just spliting so that each player start somewhere else

-------- for example a stealth player select a starting location near the communications room, its goal is now to remain undedected while alert or communications are online. if he suceed the group will have easy play against the now isolated squads in this mission.

-------- there are a main mission goal and maybe some optional ones. There is no need in completing the optional one, but at the end this will lower your reward. One of the optinal goals is for example the mini stealth one, i told you above

-------- This will improve coop experience i guess and take advantage of some more intressting challenge

-------- of course there are more possibilities in giving some better mission goals, i just don't have more ideas for now

----- if the first mission is a success, then in a short time frame after the frist it will start a secound mission showing at the alert sticker

----- if your group failed this first mission, because u all died or deadline has expired or maybe the assassination target was warned and could escape, or the to aquire information notes was deleted because of the your group couldn't avoid it, then you don't will recive another mission alert which is part of this epic questline. You have to wait for something new

---- given that the epic mission alert is about 3 missions, every mission will drop a special reward(from lower to higher) and in the end your chances of getting a rare blueprint is slightly increased

In short an examble:

- epic questline: 3 missions

- mission 1 (outpost)

-> aquire information about grineer researching reward: +one modul

--optional1: jam communications reward +10000 credits,

--optional2: kill a special boss[a machanic mech prototype]) reward +one low class blueprint

- if the players fail the stealth thing, then it could be that all goal are failed in the end, because a timer starts or something

- mission 2 (grineer research facility) -> is like mission 1 but with better rewards and a u have now to battle infested and it could be possible that the facility is going to self destruct

- mission 3 (defend the artifact) -> just defend and maybe kill a boss or install some communication relay's reward is one rare blueprint.

- of course each mission got a mission briefing where the group can plan its tactics and approch like i showed above

- and the epic questline follows some kind of mini story as u see.

This would be cool if something like this will be implemented in Warframe. This would although fit to the clan mechanics i guess.

Something like this would be great to give the planetary systems some actual tactical use. I've been hoping for something similar even since first installing the game and seeing these multiple sections within the planets that appear to be connected. My first thoughts were that there was some territorial-control element to the game where influence over specific sections would change hands back and forth through an ongoing conflict between the factions, and then being supremely disappointed over the fact that the entire 3-d solar system is just purely cosmetic, a simplistic means of linearly unlocking the next level along a preset chain that could just as easily be a hand-drawn 2-d image on a napkin from Burger king.

Seeing several different gameplay systems introduced into the game like the one that OP suggests would be a good start towards realizing the hidden potential of how the solar system in Warframe is used.

I'm going to admit that I only read the first two paragraphs. But you are incorrect in the second paragraph. Tenno are not punks. And they do have an allegiance to the Lotus. That misconception just irked me.