Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Curious About The Grakata

GhostShip20

Question

I am curious about the Grakata rifle and how it will scale in high level content. I am now mostly running around with a Vectis being able to one shot anything in high levels which are over level 50. I want to change things up again and use something that people would rarely consider using.

So, how is the Grakata at high level content and how many forma do I need to make this weapon powerful? I am thinking about going for a status/crit build.

10 answers to this question

So, I can kill level 80+ quickly?

You can, but it'll take an entire magazine.  Understand that DPS = damage per bullet x fire rate.  Some weapon shoot on the slower side of things, but hit hard.  Other weapons, like the Grakata / Viper / Dex Furis, don't do a lot of damage per bullet, but shoot very fast.

So, yes, you can mod the grakata to decent DPS, but you are going to run out of ammo quickly.  Which is ok, if you are prepared for that.

You can, but it'll take an entire magazine.  Understand that DPS = damage per bullet x fire rate.  Some weapon shoot on the slower side of things, but hit hard.  Other weapons, like the Grakata / Viper / Dex Furis, don't do a lot of damage per bullet, but shoot very fast.

So, yes, you can mod the grakata to decent DPS, but you are going to run out of ammo quickly.  Which is ok, if you are prepared for that.

Can you show me your Grakata mod-build?

Serration, Split Chamber, Shred, Point Strike, Fast Hands

Infested: High Voltage, Malignant Force (corrosive) + one more, either fire or another poison/electric mod to add to corrosive

Corpus: High Voltage, Rime Rounds (magnetic), Malignant Force

Grineer:

option 1) Rime Rounds, Malignant Force (Viral), Vital Sense

option 2) High Voltage, Thermite Rounds (radiation), drop Fast Hands, Rime Rounds, Malignant Force (viral)