The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot Use In Air

Enot83

yah, about that.  It's getting very frustrating -_-

I hope this is something thats been worked on for 8?

Edit:

I'm talking about the issue in which while your feet are firmly on the ground that it believes you're still in the air and restricts the use of skills.

Just remove this component, or is there some intent behind it.  Most skills that cannot be used in the air end up restricting you during the animation phase anyways, so is there something additional intended?

With all the wall running and other acrobatics it seems interesting that some skills, would require both feet on the ground.

Is it so bad that if someone used a skill above a gap that it would be cut short due to falling off the map and being placed back?

Edited by Enot83

We could always use more bugs fixed for better seamless gameplay.

Always.

But this would be better in the bug fixes forums.

Cannot use in air.

Sorry.

Joking aside, I've edited the OP to reflect the other intent of this, beyond just that this is a very unfortunate bug, but also a game mechanic that may not be needed.

I'm talking about the issue in which while your feet are firmly on the ground that it believes you're still in the air and restricts the use of skills.

Edited by Enot83

use what? some skills you can and some you cant. 

just curious at this point. for all i know its a legitimate bug or problem.

Sometimes, when you are on the ground after performing a jump or a roll from a jump, you cannot cast abilities as the game registers you as being in the air. One would think it is lag, but it can happen without lag being present as well, sometimes only being fixable by performing a jump and roll again.

It only affects skills that cannot be used in air, obviously.

Edited by MoonicusMaximus

As a general note, you can quickly fix this bug by pressing E. You'll perform a jump attack and the "in air" status of your character will be reset.

That said... Yeah, this should certainly be fixed. Not being able to use your skill at the right moment can be quite deadly. Also, breaks immersion and flow.

Yeah, this has killed me several times. I play Trinity, hit Link or Blessing and it tells me that I cannot use in air. Then I just know I'm dead because by that point my HP has went from 200 to 0.. :(

Btw initially I was trying to make light of the issue, this made it sound like I was upset about the bug, which in part I am, but more importantly as the edit indicates, this could be a component of some skills that is simply removed, and that the use of skills would solve the "in air" through the nature of all of these skills that require you to be on the ground simply forcing you to the ground.

Leaves skills that don't require being on the ground unchanged, for any skills that require it, they work to fix the bug by both eliminating the requirement and forcing you to the ground.

This bug has gotten me killed more times than I care to remember... Hate it with a burning passion! I don't necessarily think that removing the requirement from the skills that cause the bug right now is the best solution, but fixing it so that I don't have to waste time jumping again once I'm already in the middle of a s%*# storm before I can cast when my feet are already on the ground would be a huge improvement.  Please fix this DE!