Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silent Hills Cancelled.

TheErebus.

I'm genuinely surprised by this. I was quite impressed by the mindf**k that was P.T. It seems like such a waste to throw away an IP like that. I swear gaming companies aren't trying anymore.

How long you reckon till Konami regrets this?

Really dissapointed by this. For the past several years, we've only received subpar Silent Hill releases from a bunch of random Western developers (Homecoming, Shattered Memories, Downpour) ever since Team Silent got disbanded. When P.T. arrived, it was one of the best damn horror games in recent time, and the fact that Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro were involved in that masterpiece, which turned out to be a teaser for Silent Hills, showed that the Silent Hill franchise was now in good hands for once in a very long time. It was brilliant and knocked the Silent Hill feel out of the park, where the character's past sins come back to haunt him in the form of gloomy, ominous hell-space modeled from a seemingly ordinary place (in this case, his own household, but the town of Silent Hill ultimately).

But now, my hopes and dreams have been crushed into smithereens. It's truly a shame that Konami essentially had to cut off the project with Kojima essentially leaving them after release/maintenance of MGS V: The Phantom Pain.

Hopefully Kojima can find a new publisher to create, if not Silent Hill, their own unique horror game alongside del Toro again. Also, getting Norman Reedus back in would be a plus.

Edited by Sonitorum