Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confused Newbies: Credits Or Platinum In Shop

Nimbat

I've seen countless times how new people to the game think you need credits AND platinum to buy a weapon in the shop.

They look at the picture of the gun, then the cost and go "oh, well that sucks" instead of clicking the gun and seeing the option to pay only with credits.

MY SIMPLE FIX:

JpCCP3z.png?1

That should solve this issue. I'm getting kind of tired telling people that you can indeed pay with in-game credits :)

I suppose this would be handy for some people. Personally, I figured it was either or, not both. Most games don't make you pay two currencies for an item. If anyone has an example of paying 2 currencies for an item, please show me. 

Well, not everyone's as "perceptive" as you, Drakontis. But it's like they say... one player's obvious truth, is another player's murkiest confusion. I think it was something like that. Anyway. This is a super-mega-EZ-mode-simple fix that they could probably "do", apply to the game, and get it live in like an hour. If even that. They just need to alter the in-game market-icons for weapons, warframes, etc.; anything that costs creds OR plats. Which is like... what, five items total? Seven if you count those kinda vain icon-packs.

tl;dr: People of DE, please read and at least consider this guy's suggestion. It's mega-easy to implement, and you'll have less newbies going apenuts over "insane prices" or "unclear information" or... stuff. Basically, it's an easy way for you guys to just do your good deed for the day. Well... not counting the hotfixes you've been hotgluing to the game, but yeah.

No game in the entire world forces you to pay 2 digital currencies.

...and do you have ANY proof whatsoever to back that up with? And even on the off-chance that you do: so what? There's a first for everything, and newbies are, well... newbies. More often than not, they're like tiny toddlers, crawling and drooling their way towards learning stuff. Like I said in my earlier post: it's a solid idea, it'll take an hour, TOPS, to apply, and BAM! It's done. Job complete.

Huge up-vote.  I've seen countless new players make this mistake.  That wee little OR could be the difference between someone dismissing the game entirely as a pay2win farce, or actually giving it a legitimate try.

...and do you have ANY proof whatsoever to back that up with? And even on the off-chance that you do: so what? There's a first for everything, and newbies are, well... newbies. More often than not, they're like tiny toddlers, crawling and drooling their way towards learning stuff. Like I said in my earlier post: it's a solid idea, it'll take an hour, TOPS, to apply, and BAM! It's done. Job complete.

I have several years in playing tons of American MMORPG's and Foreign RPG's from Asia. MMORPG's are the most nortorious genre of games that charge you real money for virtual items. Every single one I've seen and played have never charged 2 currencies.

I'm not against DE putting a giant "OR" to stop confusion. It's intuitive that it's an "or" because no popular games from the past or current generation have ever charged two currencies nor have any games become infamous from charging two currencies.

Edit: Even mobile games don't charge two currencies.

Edited by Tetsmeha