Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Opinion On Rising Storm Augment

Natfrog123

So I have just got my Arbitor of Hexis up to the point of getting my much anticipated Rising Storm Augment for my Ash. I must say I am highly disappointed with this augment. When I read it I was so excited that my Ash was finally going to become a true bad A** I had intented him to be only to be sorely disappointed that Rising Storm is effected by duration of my warframe mods? I was highly disappointed that a mod was effected by my other mods? Why is this even happening? One does not reflect the other and to me this seems like a bug. I'd just like to know why a mod/augment is being effected by a "power duration" stat. This to me seems like an unintentional/bugged augment manipulation. I'd just like a simple answer from a DE rep as to if this is intentional or is in fact unintended. IMO an Augment should not be effected by other mods and should only directly effect the intended skill in the intended fashion. Thanks.

Rising Storm modifies the duration of the combo counter. It will (Restating: should) be affected by duration mods as powers with duration are. Just as augments that are based on power strength will be affected by power strength (Smite Infusion, for example, is affected by both power strength and duration mods.)

It is intended. Your opinion is noted.

Edit: In my opinion, this should have been an augment for his teleport skill. As much as I'd like to have the bonus this provides, I don't think I'll be using it, as I tend to dislike most 4-skills.

Edited by Xrkr

Rising Storm modifies the duration of the combo counter. It will (Restating: should) be affected by duration mods as powers with duration are. Just as augments that are based on power strength will be affected by power strength (Smite Infusion, for example, is affected by both power strength and duration mods.)

It is intended. Your opinion is noted.

Edit: In my opinion, this should have been an augment for his teleport skill. As much as I'd like to have the bonus this provides, I don't think I'll be using it, as I tend to dislike most 4-skills.

But the combo counter is not a part of the power itself but an outside numerical value... My point is this if it was based on power duration wouldn't the counter decrease naturally upon skill use with reduced duration? So the augment is in fact not a duration at all to a duration skill but an outside modifier based on a skill used. I understand how it is being modified by the power duration but not why. 

EDIT... Even in the wiki it does not acknowledge any "duration" frame modifiers only that a set 3 second value will be doubled to 6 by a maxed out mod.

Edited by Natfrog123

In this case, the augment is making the combo counter part of Blade Storm. The duration of the combo counter would be affected by mods.

Zephyr's Turbulence is not affected by power strength. Turbulence with the Jet Stream augment will make the augmented portions of Turbulence (movement speed and projectile velocity) be affected by power strength.