Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Credits And Rushers

Thypari2013

First:

I don't mind rushers. I like to rush as well when playing with my Volt.

Problem:

If there are rushers in your game and you spend all your time opening all the lockers for credits. I end up getting 0 of them because I am late to extraction while the rushers get everything. This is especially annoying in alerts, where you get 2-3x times of credits you find and end up with 14k+.

Solution:

Make money unique, too. Like modules and materials.

I don't care for rushers. If they want to rush and don't care for the credits, don't give them any.

>> Rushers will still rush and pick up everything while you lack behind and get nothing.

Remove the 0 credit penalty.

>>Exploiting and staying afk in alerts to get lots of money will be back.

Change the "No reward"-detection from "didn't make it to extraction in time" to "moving less then 3 rooms."

>> Would work, I think.

Or come up with a better solution...

Edited by Thypari2013

I would prefer the opposite of your solution.

Make mods and materials like credits where if one person picks up a mod, everyone gets a mod.

Also get rid of the credit penalty for not making it to extraction as fast as a rusher. As long as you killed at least 1 bad guy, you should get credit for the mission.

Or, everyone can extract indivually. Rushers rush, get out, and you just keep going with less teammates.

How is that a solution for people against rushers? There's literally no compromise for your solution.

If anything, a good solution would be to have rewards only be given to those who proceed over 45% of the level, and after a certain point bring back enemies spawning behind rooms that are already cleared to prevent people from going afk.

If you play Online with random people.. it's free for all.

Don't cry, man up! There will always be rushers, griefers, idiots, A******s and bad guys. Live with it! It's Online!

If you want to hold hands and pick lockers, take your time and look at pretty levels... play solo or private!

If you play Online with random people.. it's free for all.

Don't cry, man up! There will always be rushers, griefers, idiots, A******s and bad guys. Live with it! It's Online!

If you want to hold hands and pick lockers, take your time and look at pretty levels... play solo or private!

Watch out! We have a badass over here!

Good thing humanity evolved and there aren't many people like you. Or we would still live in the 15. century with that attitude "If you don't like it, ignore it".

Also you countered your own argument. "Free for all" for everyone except people who do xy, they have to play private / solo. How is that free4all when certain playstyles get punished? Random people means everyone can play like they want without getting punished.

How is that a solution for people against rushers? There's literally no compromise for your solution.

If anything, a good solution would be to have rewards only be given to those who proceed over 45% of the level, and after a certain point bring back enemies spawning behind rooms that are already cleared to prevent people from going afk.

Well the entire problem with rushers seems to be that they ignore everything and rush right to extraction, denying others of the extraction reward. If you let them go, the people that stay can keep on doing the level at their own pace, potentially getting more resources by doing so. What's the problem? Enemies don't seem to scale with players per party or anything, and the rusher wasn't going to help you kill stuff anyway.

Well, wait, isn't that how Defense maps work? Players can claim & exit at every 5 wave intervals, leaving their fellow Tenno behind but potentially missing out on more rewards. I don't see the harm in implementing the same idea into other missions types.

I like that idea, having people extract individually. It would solve the AFK problem (as they would never make it to extraction), and most of the rusher probelm (as they would not make others lose loot), but it would be a problem when/if the host extracts, as it would cause a host migration and that would likely cause a disconnect...

Well the entire problem with rushers seems to be that they ignore everything and rush right to extraction, denying others of the extraction reward. If you let them go, the people that stay can keep on doing the level at their own pace, potentially getting more resources by doing so. What's the problem? Enemies don't seem to scale with players per party or anything, and the rusher wasn't going to help you kill stuff anyway.

Because host migration? Do you seriously not consider latency an issue in a P2P network connection? Especially when people DC and lose the opportunity to do the alert entirely?

Because host migration? Do you seriously not consider latency an issue in a P2P network connection? Especially when people DC and lose the opportunity to do the alert entirely?

We have host migrations already.

Matchmaking (ideally) matches you with a host that doesn't lag. If everyone gets a host that doesn't lag, then why would they have latency issues with each other?

You know everybody shares credits, right?

Also, I don't gt why you wouldn't rush. I have 450k extra credits with nothing to spend them on currently. Plus, the faster you get through the level, the more levels you can do within the same time=more reward.

I want to clear all the levels asap because I want to be ready for good alert rewards. That's one reason I rush. I believe it's more efficient or just as efficient to gather resources. And it's definitely more efficient for getting mods(I rush while killing most enemies).

You know everybody shares credits, right?

Also, I don't gt why you wouldn't rush. I have 450k extra credits with nothing to spend them on currently. Plus, the faster you get through the level, the more levels you can do within the same time=more reward.

I want to clear all the levels asap because I want to be ready for good alert rewards. That's one reason I rush. I believe it's more efficient or just as efficient to gather resources. And it's definitely more efficient for getting mods(I rush while killing most enemies).

Mods>Credits The more you kill, the more mods that drop, the more you rush, the less you get. Happens a lot. Not efficient at all for getting mods.

Opening lockers can waste time and pale in comparison to the bonus/prize at the end. Don't be a snail or play solo.

~Sutol~

Game rewards explorers with resources like Allow Plate. No Allow at the end :)

Mods>Credits The more you kill, the more mods that drop, the more you rush, the less you get. Happens a lot. Not efficient at all for getting mods.

I rush to the extent that I don't check everywhere. I only get what is on the way. I play defense to get mods.

Edited by Haserath

Well, wait, isn't that how Defense maps work? Players can claim & exit at every 5 wave intervals, leaving their fellow Tenno behind but potentially missing out on more rewards. I don't see the harm in implementing the same idea into other missions types.

... potentially missing out on more HELLFIRE.

Fixed ;)

... potentially missing out on more HELLFIRE.

Fixed ;)

I was kind of more referring to how mods drop like candy from mobs in defense missions, not to mention resource drops. The claim & exit reward is more just the topping on the cake(Or Banshee BPs if you're lucky).

I was kind of more referring to how mods drop like candy from mobs in defense missions, not to mention resource drops. The claim & exit reward is more just the topping on the cake(Or Banshee BPs if you're lucky).

Are we playing different defense missions?

No seriously, where are you getting these drops D:

Yeap, they do drop like candy, except that I have hundred pages of those mods, most notably sentinel mods, magazine warps, etc etc. And banshee bps, too bad I cannot sell banshees for platinum back to DE ... I could have made lots of plat !!! :D

Are we playing different defense missions?

No seriously, where are you getting these drops D:

You must have terrible luck then. Every defense mission I've ever played, I've always gotten >15 mods at the very least.