Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Completing An Alert Mission Gives Intel On Enemy Activity.

Judopunch

Idea: Completing an alert mission gives Intel on enemy activity.

Because of the erratic nature of Alert missions and the inaccessibility of some of the rewards, a middle ground would be to allow players to spawn their own alert missions with ? rewards after completing certain requirements.

Idea 1:
After completing any alert mission you have a bonus chance to receive an intelligence fragment. After collecting 10 fragments the Tenno learns something special about enemy troop movements. This allows them to spawn their own alert mission with a ? reward on demand.

This would allow people to work towards rewards and have a say in the timing, while preserving RNG and the integrity of the system.

Idea 2:
Once per week the lotus issues you a dossier for a special mission with an ? reward. Upon use the player may begin an alert mission.

Considerations:
You and your four friends each get a spawn-able alert mission, whats to stop you from getting four ? rewards.
Solution: Only the player who spawned the mission gets the ? reward, Other players receive random rewards of credits, boxes, or materials.

Loot would be injected to fast.
Solution: Thats why Idea 1 is good. By having a slight RNG and needing to 'decode' the information this creates a limiter on the amount of new items injected.

Further thoughts:
Another problem with the current system is the duplication of loot that players already have. I would recommend in the ideas proposed here that the item rewards be weighted against items the players already have in order to help people with limited time enjoy this great game.

Please discuss the merits and flaws of my proposals.

Edit: grammar/format

Good suggestions:

... I never post it though. Instead of intel fragments, my idea was directed intel. It would be it's own tab like the foundry and market tabs. The tab would allow you to interact with lotus and actively seek out ? alert rewards, resources, fusion cores and elements of the underlying story behind warframe. It could also potentially be used as a lead in to events. Along with also being used to guide new players to objectives removing the need to get on the forums to learn which bosses/systems are associated with what frames. There could also be a level of abstraction for people who don't know what they want [iE: I want an item that is good against the grineer or good for stealth, etc].

Each objective would be delineated by several factors. Gathering intel would work like the foundry and could potentially take components and/or time [an example could be a set number of available gold potatoes on certain system clears, each on taking a couple weeks to gather intel on]. They could also be attached to mastery rank, system completion and potentially dojo expansion. My original concept had this missions specifically set out as solo mission. I imagined you as a tenno going to lotus for this information. With there being a limited amount of resources lotus could devote to gathering intel for you, you would only be able to do one at a time.

I think for any of these ideas you should have to be with your clan members to do it.  Incentive to play with each other and get rewarded for doing it.

Edited by Judopunch

I would go with a combination of your 2nd Idea + the current system. So keep the current system for certain pieces like helmets / weapons / artifacts, and do the 2nd idea for catalysts / reactors. So keep it RNG for the loot you can get, but not when you can choose to do these missions. I also like the idea of weighting the loot you already have, hopefully it will account for both BP's and crafted with the exception of reactors / catalysts.

I really like idea 1 mainly because then players who want to work towards items like the glaive would not have to be lucky enough to be awake at 4 in the morning to get it. This way instead of being based only on opportune timing, acquiring items would be based on time spent playing. Seems a bit more reasonable for those of us who cannot spend all of our waking hours checking a twitter feed for alert missions.

I really like idea 1 mainly because then players who want to work towards items like the glaive would not have to be lucky enough to be awake at 4 in the morning to get it. This way instead of being based only on opportune timing, acquiring items would be based on time spent playing. Seems a bit more reasonable for those of us who cannot spend all of our waking hours checking a twitter feed for alert missions.

I may or may not have been one of those people waking up at 4am... that and missing catalyst alert missions because you have other things to do like... making money to pay rent... kind of gets old.

Less RNG and more measurable progression would be good. 

May be if you already have the reward artifact , then completing the ? mission will give you a fragment.

and then by piecing together different fragments/ clues, you can gain the location of an item in the   solar system. 

Which will activate a special alert. showing you that the item is on a specific planet. and then you will have to play through the missions on that planet to find the  item, which would be hidden some where on the  map

using additional fragments or completing missions/ kills on the planet will tell you:

which  mission it is

and then eventually add a way point to the item.  

The item will also show up for friends & clan members in user's game( they can pick it up from him/her), but only the user can acquire  it

Less RNG and more measurable progression would be good. 

May be if you already have the reward artifact , then completing the ? mission will give you a fragment.

and then by piecing together different fragments/ clues, you can gain the location of an item in the   solar system. 

Which will activate a special alert. showing you that the item is on a specific planet. and then you will have to play through the missions on that planet to find the  item, which would be hidden some where on the  map

using additional fragments or completing missions/ kills on the planet will tell you:

which  mission it is

and then eventually add a way point to the item.  

The item will also show up for friends & clan members in user's game( they can pick it up from him/her), but only the user can acquire  it

Thats also a good suggestion. The idea of working towards something really appeals to me. I still havent seen a dark sword pop in 3 weeks.....

It's funny I've had a very similar idea to this for a fairly long time now, I never post it though. Instead of intel fragments, my idea was directed intel. It would be it's own tab like the foundry and market tabs. The tab would allow you to interact with lotus and actively seek out ? alert rewards, resources, fusion cores and elements of the underlying story behind warframe. It could also potentially be used as a lead in to events. Along with also being used to guide new players to objectives removing the need to get on the forums to learn which bosses/systems are associated with what frames. There could also be a level of abstraction for people who don't know what they want [iE: I want an item that is good against the grineer or good for stealth, etc].

Each objective would be delineated by several factors. Gathering intel would work like the foundry and could potentially take components and/or time [an example could be a set number of available gold potatoes on certain system clears, each on taking a couple weeks to gather intel on]. They could also be attached to mastery rank, system completion and potentially dojo expansion. My original concept had this missions specifically set out as solo mission. I imagined you as a tenno going to lotus for this information. With there being a limited amount of resources lotus could devote to gathering intel for you, you would only be able to do one at a time.

An additional plus would be more/new DERebecca voice acting!

The system would exist in tandem with the current alert system, rewarding players for being in the right place at the right time. Kudos to you on posting this, I hope it gets more traction than I thought it would! :0)

Edited by Kobalt

I think for any of these ideas you should have to be with your clan members to do it.  Incentive to play with each other and get rewarded for doing it.

I would definitely be down for some sort of benefit for clan-play

It's funny I've had a very similar idea to this for a fairly long time now, I never post it though. Instead of intel fragments, my idea was directed intel. It would be it's own tab like the foundry and market tabs. The tab would allow you to interact with lotus and actively seek out ? alert rewards, resources, fusion cores and elements of the underlying story behind warframe. It could also potentially be used as a lead in to events. Along with also being used to guide new players to objectives removing the need to get on the forums to learn which bosses/systems are associated with what frames. There could also be a level of abstraction for people who don't know what they want [iE: I want an item that is good against the grineer or good for stealth, etc].

An additional plus would be more/new DERebecca voice acting!

The system would exist in tandem with the current alert system, rewarding players for being in the right place at the right time. Kudos to you on posting this, I hope it gets more traction than I thought it would! :0)

Good ideas.