Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

24 Hours When Failing Test. Really?

Ringwrath

@op

Well on the bright side it's just a game. So even if you pass the test you haven't really "achieved" anything. Least anyways anything real in real life. But to answer your question yes, a whole t w e n t y f o u r h o u r s. Actually I'm kinda surprised that you are still alive at all, when I failed my first test cause I stood in the circle like an idiot I ended up on life support at the local trauma center equipped hospital. I barely made it through with the help of my friends family, and a lot of morphine. To be able to fail a test, and then post about it, is truly amazing. I salute you dear sir, and whish I had your strength.

Forums... the death of so many games.

When players first reaction to challenges is to log on and rant, rather than invest some time in improvement... you get mush.

The game is in beta, you know there are no instructions for anything. You know a site called Google exists. The forums are not ideally a place for people to vent their minute by minute frustrations with challenges in the game.

I would love to see what a game like Chess would become if it had a forum when it was in beta. Nerf queens. Pawns should be able to move in all directions. The king should be able to beat a queen. Castles shouldn't be able to move because that is unrealistic... etc etc.

Forums... the death of so many games.

When players first reaction to challenges is to log on and rant, rather than invest some time in improvement... you get mush.

The game is in beta, you know there are no instructions for anything. You know a site called Google exists. The forums are not ideally a place for people to vent their minute by minute frustrations with challenges in the game.

I would love to see what a game like Chess would become if it had a forum when it was in beta. Nerf queens. Pawns should be able to move in all directions. The king should be able to beat a queen. Castles shouldn't be able to move because that is unrealistic... etc etc.

The whole point of the forums during a beta, is to get feedback. People are going to voice their feedback, especially more-so, since they now have an outlet to do so that the dev's can look directly at, instead of say, facebook. Could you imagine how many things in this world would be better if forums had existed in regards to some of those events?

Just a thought is all. ;)

And chess is fine. Lrn2play. :P

The whole point of the forums during a beta, is to get feedback. People are going to voice their feedback, especially more-so, since they now have an outlet to do so that the dev's can look directly at, instead of say, facebook. Could you imagine how many things in this world would be better if forums had existed in regards to some of those events?

Just a thought is all. ;)

And chess is fine. Lrn2play. :P

Not saying all of what happens on forums is bad of course, it just seems more often than not it is where people come to rage because they failed to google something, take a little time to learn how to overcome a challenge, or because they want something for free.

As for the OP - if you came to the test not wearing your best warframe/weapons/mods and failed... you have 24 hours now to farm some better stuff (are remember to put your best stuff on) and try it again. If you could do it again right away there would be zero weight to the test as it wouldn't really even be a test at all.

Just laugh it off and come back in 24 hours better prepared.

• 2 months later...

24hrs is too long. Sound problems / video problems.  Things happen, we all fail once in a while.  "A punishment" seems a bit draconian.  

30 minutes maybe seems reasonable.. One can't powerlevel mastery more then one level in a day anyways. Why does there need to be this 24 hr lock?  These events literally last less than a minute.  There isn't a reason given in this thread of why, it has to be 24hrs.  Other then "accept it move on." A really idiotic thing to say during an open beta, where things are often fixed and played for the benefit of people who will be playing in the future.

There isn't a cooldown nearly this long anywhere else.  Unless you count some of the 3 day build timers.

I can safely say, I wont be playing that 24hrs away.  I'll be waiting. I shot my wad and now I'm not even playing. I'm posting about a ridiculously circuitous countdown timer, that's fairly broken (It resets around midnight, why not noon?).  As opposed to if it was a 30 minute break I might come back sit down & try multiple times in a few hours. Now I'm wating 24hrs plus before I go back to playing.  

Something like this is ridiculously easy to change for such a big headache, because it doesn't effect gameplay.  I didn't post this thread, but I do support its message.  Trolls go home. You can sit in the dark for 24hrs.  I wont.

16 May, then 8 August. Necro post much? Mods usually lock necro posts, so don't be surprised if it happens here. Yes I know that's why this forum has so many repeat posts, I didn't make the rules I'm just giving you a heads up. Maybe they track how many times the same topic gets repeated? O,o

But to address your complaint, there's no reason for you to "sit in the dark" (whatever you mean by that) for 24 hours. Keep playing the game! You still get mastery while you play, it goes toward your next level. And no it's not "draconian" it is what happens when you fail the test. As stated above, there's no pint in a test if there is no consequence for failure. 30 minutes is not a punishment, it's barely a defense alert. 12 hours I might give you but really if this is the worst thing that happens to you today you're coming out ahead.

Edited by Carcharias

24 hours. 24 hours of waiting just to try again? Are you serious? If it this is funny in any part, then I wish to laugh, but it isn't. I agree on the part of testing the persons skills in battle, but there is not need for 24 hours of waiting. I am feeling quite upset about this. So upset I could just curse this game and spread the word to all my friends who want to start playing this game. But I will hold my tongue, for I wish friends to suffer the same.

What I am saying is that I feel like I have achieved nothing when playing this game. Since I saw this game I wanted to play Rhino, cause it looked so bloody cool. I was anticipating for the moment and now that moment was killed just because I missed one bullet. This very moment has almost completely destroyed my enjoyment to play this game. Now I see that it isn't a fun game that you can play with your friends. It is a cruel world that creates an illusion of an fun and enjoyable atmosphere, but in truth it only eludes you. I am disappointed and beaten to the core of the harshness the game developers show to you. To invent something so cruel and sinister for an unaware player to find out.

Time is not the trouble here, but it is the information. I played through the test recklessly, as is my game style. Shoot and kill, run and gun. The moment I failed, I was frightened of the thought I had in mind. And that fear became true.

Are you so cruel, that you would strip away the enjoyment and the moments of laughter from a player who doesn't play games to become the best, but to spend time? I only ask of you:

Have you made the right choice?

I sincerely hope, that I am heard and that I am understood. I love this game and it would be a shame, if it would stay the same forever. Make the game better for those, who like to play for fun, not for improving.

Punishment is always justified, but the harshness of the punishment, should always be thought twice about.

Sincerely,

A downed player.

I havent heard that in a while, i will comment this same way as i commented other similiar threads. If you dont want to wait 24h then dont fail, if you failed already then use these 24h to improve so you wont fail again. I havent failed even 1 mr test though im mr11 so its possible.

Edited by Davoodoo

How do people even fail the ranking test is beyond me.

There is nothing challenging at all.

The only reason I can think of is people did not read the bloody instructions

There are no instructions.

I failed the target tracking test (where the balls light up) once because I had a bad loadout for it (lex+hek) which could not put enough bullets out fast enough for me to succeed in the test even though I optimized the reload timing. They should add some information/description about the test for the player before the test is taken so they can take appropriate gear.

On a different note, I sadfaced when I noticed that there was no rank up test for rank 9.