Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founders Not So "founders" Anymore.

Dagnome

Good day Warframe community. Now before yall start trolling and flaming this thread let me explain something, this is not a entitlement thread, this thread is not to boast about being founders or a place for non founders to rag on founders, this is not a "Pay to win" thread either. This thread is for a discussion about the founders program and if we should end it. 

I know many of you from Closed beta are founders, and many of you were not at the time but may have decided to enter the founders program after testing the game. Now that we are in open beta, and have been for quite some time, I think it is time we consider closing the founders program. As time goes on the name "Founder" is losing its uniqueness within the community. We were a dedicated few (Compared to the total amount of players) who decided from the start to contribute to the game, this is what makes founders, "Founders". (This was to define a founder not to claim entitlement) Originally DE was going to close the founders program on March 18th (I believe the day was) and allow upgrades to happen for a month after if you had a pack already, they extended this window which I was in favor of as many new players that came into open beta may have wanted to fund the game which I was in full support of but we are almost 2 months past the original cut off date and haven't gotten any word as of yet. 

Here is my solution: 

We shut down the "Founders" program. As Steve told me, we certainly do not want to shut down access to the Design Council nor do we want to shut off the option to fund the games development. I say we start a "Supporter" program with different tiers just like the founders pack (Save the prime gear) with discounted platinum  a forum badge (Based on the tiers) and possibly grant them access to Vandal weapons or another exclusive item that all CBT or open beta weekend players had access to, this way they are not getting anything we don't have (Or had the opportunity to get). We want to make people WANT to purchase and support the game but I do not believe that at this point in the games age we should still allow the 'Founder" title to be thrown around. I do understand that some founders did not receive these weapons and DE could possibly work with the community to find a way to solve this issue?  We do not want to give the "Supporters program" anything that people who already purchased a founders pack or were in closed beta didn't have access to, but we may need to find a way to make people enthusiastic about purchasing these packs. 

Again, let me state that the intent of this thread (Though you may or may not perceive it this way) is not to claim entitlement or make people feel "Special" but it is to discuss an alternative program for those of you who may feel that your founders tag is loosing that uniqueness it had when you first purchased it. I am sure the community moderators will be on top of this thread so please refrain from posting anything they will just moderate, this is a discussion not a debate. What are your thoughts on implementing this kind of program into Warframe? Do you support the removal of the founders program in place of a program with a different title? 

Edited by Dagnome

Even though I only purchased my "Founders" package about a week ago, what you're saying does make sense and I think it's a good suggestion. I am only saddened by the fact that I didn't start playing a few months earlier so I could've had my own Vandal weapons and Frost Prime BP! :)

From memory, DE were working on a suitable program post-Founders. The issue being that, by the deadline they were going to finish the program, they pushed back the due date indefinitely and we haven't heard back from them regarding such a system since.

I think Warframe is moving along in it's development cycle at a pretty steady pace. I do believe that we are rapidly moving towards the point where we cannot necessarily call our support "Founding" it's creation; The foundations are already here, and boy, are they impressive. Mayhaps a change in name would be all that's necessary, maybe there could also be different tiers. I would leave that up to DE to decide, based on their undisclosed schedules.

I believe DE are already looking to close the founders deal sometime soon, and then replace it with a new offer that is 'better' than the current founders package, but will not grant the new buyers founder status.

Edit: grr i got space ninja'd again.

Edited by SchrodingersKitteh

I agree 100%

The founders packs have lost their uniqueness now unfortunately, The supporters pack is a great idea and would still allow people to continue supporting this game and would still give them access to exclusive content,

Hell, if they throw in the Vandal weapons i'll throw some more money DE's way :) 

Here is my solution:

We shut down the Batman.

On a more serious note, i think you are right, and the supporters idea sounds like a good continuation of the current system.

The thing is, the founders program is probably netting DE most of their profits, so the "Supporter" thing should offer rewards to show off, too, or people wont like it.

Good day Warframe community. Now before yall start trolling and flaming this thread let me explain something, this is not a entitlement thread, this thread is not to boast about being founders or a place for non founders to rag on founders, this is not a "Pay to win" thread either. This thread is for a discussion about the founders program and if we should end it. 

I know many of you from Closed beta are founders, and many of you were not at the time but may have decided to enter the founders program after testing the game. Now that we are in open beta, and have been for quite some time, I think it is time we consider closing the founders program. As time goes on the name "Founder" is losing its uniqueness within the community. We were a dedicated few (Compared to the total amount of players) who decided from the start to contribute to the game, this is what makes founders, "Founders". (This was to define a founder not to claim entitlement) Originally DE was going to close the founders program on March 18th (I believe the day was) and allow upgrades to happen for a month after if you had a pack already, they extended this window which I was in favor of as many new players that came into open beta may have wanted to fund the game which I was in full support of but we are almost 2 months past the original cut off date and haven't gotten any word as of yet. 

Here is my solution: 

We shut down the "Founders" program. As Steve told me, we certainly do not want to shut down access to the Design Council nor do we want to shut off the option to fund the games development. I say we start a "Supporter" program with different tiers just like the founders pack (Save the prime gear) with discounted platinum  a forum badge (Based on the tiers) and possibly grant them access to Vandal weapons or another exclusive item that all CBT or open beta weekend players had access to, this way they are not getting anything we don't have (Or had the opportunity to get). We want to make people WANT to purchase and support the game but I do not believe that at this point in the games age we should still allow the 'Founder" title to be thrown around. I do understand that some founders did not receive these weapons and DE could possibly work with the community to find a way to solve this issue?  We do not want to give the "Supporters program" anything that people who already purchased a founders pack or were in closed beta didn't have access to, but we may need to find a way to make people enthusiastic about purchasing these packs. 

Again, let me state that the intent of this thread (Though you may or may not perceive it this way) is not to claim entitlement or make people feel "Special" but it is to discuss an alternative program for those of you who may feel that your founders tag is loosing that uniqueness it had when you first purchased it. I am sure the community moderators will be on top of this thread so please refrain from posting anything they will just moderate, this is a discussion not a debate. What are your thoughts on implementing this kind of program into Warframe? Do you support the removal of the founders program in place of a program with a different title? 

I understand what you are wanting but with all this the only thing being taken out would be the title Founder and a warframe.

Also allowing them to get things that were a one time deal kind of makes that kill the value to people that have those weapons/items.

I don't have some of them and I feel that is fine as I wasn't here in Feb for one of the items so why give it away and kill the value of having been there?

I couldn't care either way, anyway, not all founders have access to the Council, only the top tier, a discrimination in my opinion to those founders who cannot afford the higher tiers. You want it close fine with me, you want to create some other Supporter kind of thing fine with me, you want to keep it fine with me, in the future I could afford another upgrade but that would be it

I don't personally see a good enough reason why the founders program should be shut down, especially if you're just basically changing the name.

The new "Supporter" package would have a different... essence to it, though. And as Dagnome did mention in his post, it wouldn't include the Excalibur Prime or it's Prime weapons, but a different reward and a different forum icon.

Creating a new package this way would give customers as much or even more incentive to support the game (as the package would include new, exclusive rewards).

The new "Supporter" package would have a different... essence to it, though. And as Dagnome did mention in his post, it wouldn't include the Excalibur Prime or it's Prime weapons, but a different reward and a different forum icon.

Creating a new package this way would give customers as much or even more incentive to support the game (as the package would include new, exclusive rewards).

Agreed, more incentive and a fresh package is never bad

So, this is not to come across as whiny, or entitled.... But when a lot of us from the closed beta purchased our founders package, it was in under the impression that it was going away..... 

This is obviously not the case. 

I had purchased Master, then realizing the deadline for founders was fast approaching, upgraded to Grand Master..... Not only to support DE but for the Solar Land Mark, etc....

The Solar Land Mark is now a complete and utter joke.... You have 5-8 names per planets. How ridiculous is that. There is no pride in saying "Hey that planet has my name on it!!" Because it has 7 other names on it as well... 

I am sorely disappointed in DE for having left it wide open. It completely took away from the whole "Founders" aspect of it.

For shame. 

Edited by Zackai

The Solar Land Mark is now a complete and utter joke.... You have 5-8 names per planets. How ridiculous is that. There is no pride in saying "Hey that planet has my name on it!!" Because it has 7 other names on it as well... 

Seems more like a Solar Landfill now with all the names that clutter the nodes

Here's the conditions under which this should work. Rather than make it a tier make it a "VIP" option. with the VIP option you get a boost in 

Drop rates

experience

credit rewards

a decrease on your foundry times

access to the Design Council. ((Because I don't want to pay 250 bucks for access to information that's going to get spilled all over reddit in a day or so, But I'll pay 20 bucks a month for it))

and a small stipend of plat every month you have the VIP status paid for.

No badges, no expensive tiers to work towards. People can support the game regularly and peacefully without having a big target painted on their back. Kind of like a subscription actually.

Personally, I think the Founders title and a few extra plat were the only things you get for the money.  The Frame, and Weapons you receive are nothing special.  Other than the plat and name badge there is little else to the Founder's Pack.

I think if DE made the Founders pack more enticing it would continue to sell well.  Simply changing the name as time goes on is nothing more than semantics. 

Keeping the name is fine with me but I think Founders should stop shortly after the final launch of the game.  If DE wants to change the name that is fine as well.  I do think it might cause a bit of confusion if people have different tags online and others not knowing what they actually mean. 

As it is the tag does not mention the person is a founder it is simply known presently because the founder packs are still on sale.  Once they are gone there will be people asking "What does Disciple, Hunter,  Master, Grand Master mean next to the person's name?"

DE just needs to make it better (I have my own ideas on this) because I think other than a bit more plat and a tag there really is not much to being a founder.

Personally, I think the Founders title and a few extra plat were the only things you get for the money.  The Frame, and Weapons you receive are nothing special.  Other than the plat and name badge there is little else to the Founder's Pack.

I think if DE made the Founders pack more enticing it would continue to sell well.  Simply changing the name as time goes on is nothing more than semantics. 

Keeping the name is fine with me but I think Founders should stop shortly after the final launch of the game.  If DE wants to change the name that is fine as well.  I do think it might cause a bit of confusion if people have different tags online and others not knowing what they actually mean. 

As it is the tag does not mention the person is a founder it is simply known presently because the founder packs are still on sale.  Once they are gone there will be people asking "What does Disciple, Hunter,  Master, Grand Master mean next to the person's name?"

DE just needs to make it better (I have my own ideas on this) because I think other than a bit more plat and a tag there really is not much to being a founder.

No they need to close it. It is a "Founders" pack, that was supposed to be exclusive to Closed Beta members.