Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Escape Game Mode Suggestion

Similar to what the Zombie Mod does for Counter-Strike, there could be an Escape game mode for Warframe. :)

For those of you not familiar with ZMod or CS, let me explain.

Counter-Strike is a 1st-person team-based game where people shoot each other with realistic guns.

In Zombie Mod of Counter-Strike, all players are on the same team. After a given time, 1 player turns into a zombie and must "knife" another human to make more zombies. In normal Zmod game mode, people find a hole to barricade themselves into and shoot anything that tries to go in. If only 1 human stays alive at the end of the round, human score 1 point and vice-versa for zombies infecting everyone.

In Zombie Escape Mod, it's everything above, except that you don't barricade anywhere, you run-run-run to evac and you don't look back. This game mode usually happen in customized maps made just for this game mode. And it's not just go from A to B. It's mostly an elaborate Mobile Defense where you must wait for doors to open instead of computer hacking while feeling the urgency of being overwhelmed.

This Escape game mode could be added to Warframe in it's own way. Maybe hide it under an easy Deception mission and by the time you reach the computer, you get trapped in and then it turns into an Escape mode, similar to how Lotus can decide to change your Objective mid-mission to Exterminate.

With the imminent Underwater bases incoming, I can picture people drowning because they didn't escape fast enough... >:)

Yeah I wouldn't mind this. Would get some teamwork going, just like with the Manic event. People were stuck and we had to gun down the Manic's opposed to running to extraction..

I could see it working well with some sort of infiltration mission. Get in, do something critical to a ship and then suddenly you need to get out ASAP due to this or something else. Suppose it'd be like Sabotage but more... expanded and in-depth.

Always wanted something like that on ME3MP, some sort of 'suicide' mission.