Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do I Save Good Quality Gameplay Video?

MechaTails

When I record with Shadowplay or Mirillis Action!, the results are great (1280x720 60fps). Of course, the files are huge, like 2GB for 2 minutes of video. I then export the videos from the program as .AVI or .MP4 or whatever, the 2GB shrink to 180MB and they still look alright.

However, when I use Windows Movie Maker to remove junk footage, and go to save the video, the result always looks like S#&$. The colors are washed out and there are artifacts everywhere.

After editing, how am I supposed to save videos so they don't lose any more quality? Where's the magic button that lets me edit videos while leaving their quality alone?

Edited by DarkTails

I think Windows Movie Maker is just bad. :/ Most other video editing software you can find around though is good enough.

I find it's pretty good for a free video editor. Or atleast it's the best I can find for free.

Movie Maker has an option to save as high quality.

Edit: it is called "save for high quality display".

Also, if someone knows of a better video editor, I would like to know. WMM does not allow to do much as a video editing tool...

Edited by HellEnforcer

Movie Maker has an option to save as high quality.

Edit: it is called "save for high quality display".

Also, if someone knows of a better video editor, I would like to know. WMM does not allow to do much as a video editing tool...

I tried the High Quality Display option, it still washes out the video's color