Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Ai Personalities

Rhega

Hi Warframes! I have been playing Warframe for a good amount of time and with talking to my other friends who play Warframe there are a few features we believe would make Warframe an outstanding game. We came up with suggestions for AI personalities for now.

In our opinion as it stands Warframe is a standard farm co-op game, this is not bad but it also does not make Warframe shine above other games similar to it. As I start my suggestions I will quickly go over a few features we enjoy about Warframe. Please keep in mind that these comments are based on the current beta build of Update 7 (2013.05.15.13.37).

Warframe Features we enjoy:

So Warframe, a ninja game that is indeed free to play. It's rare to see free to play games that do not force or impair the player from being a free to play player, but instead at some point in their career of enjoying their content there is a wall. That wall cannot be scaled without the paid content. Where as Warframe allows access to all major content of the games, Weapons, warframes, even only purchasable items (like the Orokin Catalysts, and warframe helmets). Even though the developers have made a leash on how accessible these items are with use of the foundry build times/costs, alert drops, and daily log-in bonuses. The warframes themselves are very enjoyable as that is one of the many features in Warframe that make it unique from other games. The warframes are unique in each of their abilities which make them enjoyable to play rather than other cookie-cutter kind of characters/classes in other games.

AI Pesonalities:

This one is what my friends and I wish to push for Warframe development. This came about as we decided to try to do some sneaking on Grineer, and as we were about to kill the one enemy that we saw, we were spotted by two behind us. As we killed the enemies, we said, “You know what would have been cool? If they sneak killed us!” Which brought me the idea of something that may bring Warframe more enjoyed game play value. Also where the Grineer did a bit more protecting of their heavy units and where killing a heavy unit or even just completely destroying a hoard of enemies would cause a reaction of the observing forces or surviving forces. So it would be nice if the AI had a bit more spunk and human like randomness/moral due to the ever changing battlefield environment maybe even more tactical expertise based on the factions lore.

Thanks for reading and excited to read community comments.

Upvoted.

Quality over quantity would be well applied on the enemies.

Yeah sounds good and thank you. 

Its kind a weird when you see a whole disorganized swarm of grineer standing outside your box.

Funny isnt it?

Also we thought of increasing the variability in missions. We already have it where the missions may change to exterminations. Though it would be nice to expand on this, where the alerts do not neccisarily increase the number of units one has to fight, but initiate a self-destruct, or a call for reinforcements, and one of the reinforcements is the boss at that system or faction boss. It would also be nice when Lotus says something it has a more noticable effect, when on a mobile defence and she exclaims that it will take longer, it would be nice if the timer flashed and added more time too it. As it is right now I feel she is the obvious announcer. How does everyone else feel about Lotus?

Edited by Snake2150