Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Such Graphics, Much Directx12

Djangofett

Yeap this techdemo is pretty sweet... i watched it live during the Microsoft Live thingy... its quite impressive but its nothing more than a tech demo using the new upcoming Final Fantasy game engine (which is beautiful and a marvel). 

When it comes to us, end users DirectX 12 will be a great improvement but we need devs to start working with it so we can get to experience better performance in our games. I can't wait to see how this new tech will affect gameplay. 

Yeap this techdemo is pretty sweet... i watched it live during the Microsoft Live thingy... its quite impressive but its nothing more than a tech demo using the new upcoming Final Fantasy game engine (which is beautiful and a marvel). 

When it comes to us, end users DirectX 12 will be a great improvement but we need devs to start working with it so we can get to experience better performance in our games. I can't wait to see how this new tech will affect gameplay. 

I also heard that DX12 Will improve gameplay performance by 40% or something.

Wow. So that's what a $10,000 PC is capable of. That's not impressive, some of the current visual mods on Skyrim look more realistic than that demo, I see minor frame tearing, and he conveniently avoided the one area that could have shown true power, the real time water reflection with lighting changes. Also the article claims that Direct X 12 is only coming to Windows 10, even though Microsoft has already confirmed it will be used in the Xbone to try and squeeze more power out of it's underpowered graphics card.

I also heard that DX12 Will improve gameplay performance by 40% or something.

20% to 40% depending on your hardware and software(games) u are running. Overall its a welcome improvement. I believe Windows 10 is coming this July, so when it hits just upgrade to Windows 10. I really hope it is as good has they say.

Edited by Bazools

Wow. So that's what a $10,000 PC is capable of. That's not impressive, some of the current visual mods on Skyrim look more realistic than that demo, I see minor frame tearing, and he conveniently avoided the one area that could have shown true power, the real time water reflection with lighting changes. Also the article claims that Direct X 12 is only coming to Windows 10, even though Microsoft has already confirmed it will be used in the Xbone to try and squeeze more power out of it's underpowered graphics card.

Thats only a tech demo, like the ones Unreal Engine or Crytek likes to do every year(so the 10.000 dollar pc is really not an issue)... Like Microsoft is doing with DirectX 12 on PC and Xbone, PS players can expect a similar upgrade to their AMD cards, since there is an equivalent to DX12 or even better for AMD cards, Mantle or Vulcan (i'm not sure about the name). 

Thats only a tech demo, like the ones Unreal Engine or Crytek likes to do every year(so the 10.000 dollar pc is really not an issue)... Like Microsoft is doing with DirectX 12 on PC and Xbone, PS players can expect a similar upgrade to their AMD cards, since there is an equivalent to DX12 or even better for AMD cards, Mantle or Vulcan (i'm not sure about the name). 

Still, when you make a tech demo the idea is to impress people. I've seen better tech demos on older tech. Also Vulcan was the system designed by AMD that used Mantles concepts, mantle is just one part of vulcan. AMD is also releasing Tress FX which seems like there version of Nvidia's PhysX

Its still WIP. There are bound to be issues with it. Also I beg to differ that a skyrim mod is more realistic than that. There are over 63m polygons per scene. And you know what more polygons ends up doing.

Its still WIP. There are bound to be issues with it. Also I beg to differ that a skyrim mod is more realistic than that. There are over 63m polygons per scene. And you know what more polygons ends up doing.

It really doesn't matter how many polygons you put into it when the textures and lighting don't match there real world equivalent. By looking at that video, I never at any point thought it was video quality, it was obviously a render. And some of the skyrim mods I've seen (don't know the name of them off the top of my head, the skyrim enthuisiasts would likely know which ones I'm talking about),  look far more realistic.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen