Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Payday 2 And Dlc Gets A Permanent Price Cut

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/payday-2-and-dlc-gets-permanent-price-cut/1100-6427226/

SO now Payday 2 and all of its DLC have received price cuts. Here are the list of the prices:

• Payday 2 -- $20 (formerly $30)
  • Payday 2: GOTY Edition -- $50 (formerly $80)
  • Heist Bundle -- $14 (formerly $25)
  • Gage Weapon Pack -- $18 (formerly $30)
  • Clover Character Pack -- $3 (formerly $5)
  • Gage Historical Pack -- $3 (formerly $5)
  • Hotline Miami DLC -- $4 (formerly $7)
  • Gage Shotgun Pack -- $3 (formerly $5)
  • The Big Bank Heist -- $4 (formerly $7)
  • Gage Sniper Pack -- $3 (formerly $5)
  • Gage Mod Courier -- $3 (formerly $5)
  • Gage Weapon Pack #02 -- $3 (formerly $5)
  • Gage weapon Pack #01 -- $3 (formerly $5)
  • Armored Transport -- $4 (formerly $7)
  • The official soundtrack -- $3 (formerly $5)

Still not looking to support dudes who wanna charge me craploads of money for the other 3/4's of the game. Hell, they still haven't added the ability to customize your hideout.

DLC that's under 5$ is a crap load of money?

And even then you can play the DLC maps with others even if you don't have it?

In fact the only things that are locked away are DLC guns, which aren't necessary.

DLC that's under 5$ is a crap load of money?

And even then you can play the DLC maps with others even if you don't have it?

In fact the only things that are locked away are DLC guns, which aren't necessary.

Having 878,076 different dlc packs and all of them costing 5 bucks or more adds up.

I don't like bumming content off of buddies.

I've tried playing with a friend of mine who was sucked into the dlc-hole and couldn't do a damned thing to the cops. I always founds myself outgunned, especially in the dlc missions, so those gun packs are borderline necessary. Mind you, this is with a group of friends whom with the Vanilla version of the game, we could complete nearly any heist if we organised ourselves properly. 

I don't like bumming content off of buddies.

That's just your problem, not the game or the devs. The devs put it there to have players enjoy the heists without having to buy the DLC content. 

I've tried playing with a friend of mine who was sucked into the dlc-hole and couldn't do a damned thing to the cops. I always founds myself outgunned, especially in the dlc missions, so those gun packs are borderline necessary. Mind you, this is with a group of friends whom with the Vanilla version of the game, we could complete nearly any heist if we organised ourselves properly. 

I haven't bought nearly any of the weapon DLCs and I've been able to stand up on my own. 

Having 878,076 different dlc packs and all of them costing 5 bucks or more adds up.

28 paid DLCs.

Each of them now cost between 3-5 dollars.

And who says you need to buy all of them. Buy the ones you know you may want and then be done with it.

28 paid DLCs.

Each of them now cost between 3-5 dollars.

Remember that time where you would pay 50 bucks (or less for an older game) for a game and get the entire games contents? I miss those days.

From day 1 Payday 2 felt unfinished and needed touching up. Releasing two or three dlc packs down the line totally woulda been cool with me, especially considering it was 30 bucks at launch. But when they started to milk people for money, I lost all respect I had for Overkill. Any game dev who tries to nickel and dime me is not a dev I wish to support any further.

Remember that time where you would pay 50 bucks (or less for an older game) for a game and get the entire games contents? I miss those days.

Yeah and then when they wanted to update that game, you'd have to pay 60$ for that copy with everything inside. Grow up. 

You got the entirety of the content in Payday 2 at its launch. The DLC is entirely optional.

From day 1 Payday 2 felt unfinished and needed touching up. Releasing two or three dlc packs down the line totally woulda been cool with me, especially considering it was 30 bucks at launch. But when they started to milk people for money, I lost all respect I had for Overkill. Any game dev who tries to nickel and dime me is not a dev I wish to support any further.

Because releasing DLC to expand on a games lifepsan is all in the wrong right?

Especially when the free content provided to the game is less so right?

Most heists were all free, weapon packs were entirely optional and not necessary to buy.

Yeah and then when they wanted to update that game, you'd have to pay 60$ for that copy with everything inside. Grow up. 

You got the entirety of the content in Payday 2 at its launch. The DLC is entirely optional.

Because releasing DLC to expand on a games lifepsan is all in the wrong right?

Especially when the free content provided to the game is less so right?

Most heists were all free, weapon packs were entirely optional and not necessary to buy.

Ugh... I think i'm done here. You're missing the point that it's not ok to give someone half of the content of the game and charge double that amount for the rest of it. I don't care if it's optional or isn't needed to play the base version of it game, it isn't ok.

It's like those guys who were ok with paying 100 bucks at launch for Evolved and tried to justify it by saying that the other content was optional and you didn't need to pay for it. Meanwhile, Killing Floor 1 has double the people playing it (a 10 year old mod of UT 2004) compared to Evolved.

It's a bad business practice to try to milk your customers for all you can, and Evolved is proof of that.

Edited by spidey2092

They followed borderlands 2's way, instead of cutting content from the game, they simply didn't put it in the game to begin with. Then they announced what all the DLCs were gonna be and kept pumping them out. I'm not a fan of payday 2 because of its mechanics. "the [something] has [stopped working] you must [reset it] so you can continue", that S#&$ got old fast.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

They followed borderlands 2's way, instead of cutting content from the game, they simply didn't put it in the game to begin with. Then they announced what all the DLCs were gonna be and kept pumping them out. I'm not a fan of payday 2 because of its mechanics. "the [something] has [stopped working] you must [reset it] so you can continue", that S#&$ got old fast.

I HAVE 1,000,000,000,000 DOLLARS IN CASH BROS

Oh cool, let's invest some of that into the drill so that it'll stop breaking down every 3 minu-

*MONEY HAS BECOME 1,000 DOLLARS*

*TEAMMATE COMES BACK WITH THIS MASK*

payday-2-kawaii-1024x576.jpg