Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls Ii And Xbl's Reputation System

(XBOX)Brennon Cook

So I myself own a gamertag and have many friends with 1 or 0/5 stars because of the PvP community that surrounds the Souls series. This was on the 360 where rep was just a joke, but on the One, if your rep gets too low you pretty much get a perma ban from online play on that gamertag. Today my friend got to the lowest reputation (lol) and now he can't play any game online because he plays Dark Souls.

I find this really funny, because of how Microsoft refuses to go back on this even though it's extremely flawed.

I can already see my rep lowering with all the hate mail I get. :p

This post really doesn't really have relevance to anyone though.

Also, I think the 60fps durability and crashing patch came out today.

The Dark Souls community is naturally very salty- I mean, I am - so when you beat somebody they'll report you just because.

Oh I know. I'm very aware.

Seriously the ones who report you out of saltiness are as bad as the hackers.

So I myself own a gamertag and have many friends with 1 or 0/5 stars because of the PvP community that surrounds the Souls series. This was on the 360 where rep was just a joke, but on the One, if your rep gets too low you pretty much get a perma ban from online play on that gamertag. Today my friend got to the lowest reputation (lol) and now he can't play any game online because he plays Dark Souls.

I find this really funny, because of how Microsoft refuses to go back on this even though it's extremely flawed.

I can already see my rep lowering with all the hate mail I get. :p

This post really doesn't really have relevance to anyone though.

Also, I think the 60fps durability and crashing patch came out today.

This is one of the reasons why I ditched Xbox and went PS4. Sony aren't stupid like Microsoft. This rep system would never work.

Rep is basically a global matchmaker. So if too many people report you you'll get put into a whole different universe in every game. So you won't find anyone. People can report you for no reason at all, and they do.

Pretty much, it gauges people every 25%,  You can matchmake with the 25% either side of your rep, but anyone can avoid you and this will decrease your rep standing. If your rep standing gets too low, you lose the ability to matchmake with people who have good rep. Right now my xbox rep is sitting at 50% (this is mainly due to the toxic community in post 343i halo reach when matchmaking turned to S#&$, and my various modding endevours with dead island and borderlands. Apparently people don't like it when you are godly even if you aren't griefing.) so if I were to play online it cuts out a large group of players.