Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Don't Have Enough Weapons....

simeo77

The fact is there, there is a lack of guns. You can't argue with that.

However, judging from your tone, you seem irritated. Perhaps you should take some chill pills.

There are a lot of guns. What is missing is ways to customize those guns. Adding more guns does not add metagame and is a poor substitute for metagame.

What people want are gun variations, and they just don't know how to ask for it. You don't need 20 shotgun variants  you need ways to modify and customize 2-3 shotguns to suit your playstyle and personal preferences for feel.

Offering too many weapons on the market leads to what is known as Paradox of Choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Paradox_of_Choice:_Why_More_Is_Less

It is far better to limit the initial choices, and then allow deeper customization.

I'd be satisfied with only the addition of the corpus weapons and the possibility of a prestige-esque system, like they were mentioning in the last livestream. My general sentiment would be to just improve upon what we have, instead of adding too many weapons to the game. A line needs to be drawn somewhere.

I'd be satisfied with only the addition of the corpus weapons and the possibility of a prestige-esque system, like they were mentioning in the last livestream. My general sentiment would be to just improve upon what we have, instead of adding too many weapons to the game. A line needs to be drawn somewhere.

My prediction... they will implement corpus weapons and people will complain because the laser bolts move too slow, or that the rail gun recharges too slowly... and they will basically end up just demanding that they act like weapons that already exist.

My prediction... they will implement corpus weapons and people will complain because the laser bolts move too slow, or that the rail gun recharges too slowly... and they will basically end up just demanding that they act like weapons that already exist.

Sadly this is probably true.

And then people will complain about all the weaponary feeling the same -_-

There needs to be way more guns. We should have at least 3-5 different light machine guns, sub machine guns, snipers, shotguns, and assault rifles. Then they can move onto more futuristic weapons like laser blasters and stuff.

Edited by muccmaster

Melee weapons are in the highest quantity if I'm not mistaken. I'd prefer a variety of weapons, in all three types. Like the maybe a tomahawk or something, just not a pistol for a secondary etc

If they are going to focus on new melee weapons. Might as well overhaul the melee system and allow more combos and and more weapon animations for current melee weapons and new ones.

There needs to be way more guns. We should have at least 3-5 different light machine guns, sub machine guns, snipers, shotguns, and assault rifles. Then they can move onto more futuristic weapons like laser blasters and stuff.

Light Machine Guns, Sub Machine Guns, and Assault Rifles are the same thing....

Light Machine Guns, Sub Machine Guns, and Assault Rifles are the same thing....

Um what? No, they're actually very different. In this game yes they use the same mods, but performance wise they're all very different. Have you ever played a shooting game other than this?

Um what? No, they're actually very different. In this game yes they use the same mods, but performance wise they're all very different. Have you ever played a shooting game other than this?

LoL. You beat me to it muccmaster. There's a reason each of those have seperate distinct names simeo.