The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spears !

Corpy

What if you throw it and you CAN'T then retrieve it? Woops, no more melee that run!

I want a spear, and if at all possible I'd like to be able to throw it, but once thrown it should be able to be "pulled" back to you (manually, of course, by way of magnets and what have you). You used the throwing knives as an example, but I actually think they will fit in the "pistol" slot, as they are more than likely not very effective in melee, and they would probably have a "magazine", so throwing one doesn't completely f up your melee capabilities. Melee should be melee for the most part, is what I believe.

I know exactly what you want, a tricky to use, high risk/reward type of weapon. Which is fine, if that is what you like. But like you yourself have stated... it is certainly not for everybody. I personally don't like it (as there are more reward from other weapons WITHOUT the risk), but if that is what floats your boat I am all for it.

now i got an idea.... how about something like that mortal kombat guy. throw knife, knife sticks to enemy, pull knife (with enemy on it). could be rope or magnets or stuff, i dont care. so any grineer running away from me, will be pulled to its death. mwahahhahahaha

p/s; maybe distance thrown and distance pulled should be limited

GET OVER HERE!!!!

Edited by de0509

well thats 50% right. ive been thinking, would everyone buy the spear and throw out the glaive? i think they should improve glaive, my friend said that he wishes that the glaive will slice through enemies.

Glaive... well nice but SPEARS.... that would be epic!!!

I like the sound of that, actually. The 'gotta pick it up' bit could stand to be nixed. But I really like Longspears and proper polearms more than javelin-type things. (I already take enough risk trying to stab ancients with 3 foot poles)
That spear would probably fight like it's a stabby (but less stunning) Bo until you Charge attack, which chucks it?
And then....it despawns from the thrown spot and respawns on your back after some definite amount of time? 

I think that should work? Since you'd switch to either rifle or pistol after the chuck anyway, just like stopping melee combos always works.

Don't overcomplicate the idea with this:
 "Well, we could make everyone jealous of how well we can min-max by having it be OP and negate a slot I never use anyway!"

Alternatively, something more like a "Mjolnir" rather than a "Mario Bugs Bunny" Fragor would be a sweet thrown weapon.

@de0509
a Kusari-Gama analogue could fit that! Basically a one-handed sickle and a weight. Would be very interesting to fight with.

Edited by LapuLapo