The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Losing Game Display At Random Times During Play

Jerichai

Hi all.

For the last week or so, I've been dealing with a fairly consistent problem. At random times during play in Warframe, the screen will go black momentarily and then my desktop will show up. Normally I would assume I had crashed, but this isn't the case, the game is still running. In fact, when this happens, I can't interact with the objects on the desktop. When I click my left mouse button to try to interact with the desktop, I can hear my character's gun start to fire (as well as hearing all sound effects from the environment I want in prior to this happening, as if the game is still running normally). 

I be able to interact with my desktop, I have to alt-tab like I normally would if the game wasn't having issues. When I try to go back into the game, however, I end up at the same problem: my desktop is still showing but not able to be interacted with, and the game sound effects and controls running normally. I can in fact bring up the mention and close the game normally by hitting ESC and listening for the menu's sound effects to find the position of the exit option.

There doesn't seem to be a set trigger for this. I've had it happen in missions with many enemies on screen, during missions as I'm running through empty corridors, and even just standing around on my ship. It seems to happen 1-2 times a night as well.

Would love any help correcting this.

This is the display driver crash we have been complaining about, there is an a thread about it already, at least for NVIDIA cards. If you check your Windows event logs, under the Application or System log you will see the driver crash and recovery.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/445599-game-crashes-nvidia-display-driver-april-2015

Edited by weezedog