Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Reactor/catalyst Removal Tool

The_Angry_Britt

I would like to suggest the introduction of a tool to remove reactors/catalysts from weapons & frames.

I would expect there to be a high credit cost for this, otherwise it would be too easy for people to just have a couple & reuse them repeatedly, have the credit cost set at 100k, or something similar, so that it isn't something you can do regularly. Also, perhaps, have it destroy the weapon/frame that you are extracting from so as not to make money back, keeping the extraction cost at the market price.

Many of us upgrade weapons & frames, then find after leveling them that they are not the play style for us, and just end up selling them. Or, we find ourselves in a position where we have run out of weapon or frame slots & so have to sell a frame/weapon to make room for new ones to increase mastery levels. I tend to potato everything to get the full benefit out of it & hate finding a weapon does not live up to expectations & will never be used again. Being able to extract the reactor/catalyst & reuse it, even for a high credit cost, would make me feel better personally about the plat loss from a sold catalyst/reactor.

More the random ramblings of a disjointed mind, however I think it could be a valid idea, and something to work from.

Any comments & suggestions are welcomed & appreciated.

The_Angry_Britt

Thing is with that though, you'd only need 1 reactor and 3 catas (for a set of SC'd stuff), so I'd expect it to cost some time and credits to do so, because any cost (as long as it's instantly done) that's 19 plat or less, is cheaper than getting a new one. (true it's kinda balanced out by the fact that you can only have a few things SC'd at once if you use this method.)

I fully agree, high cost & extraction time (via blueprint in foundry I would guess would be the easiest way, buy the tool BP for credits & craft it over a period of time, perhaps using up resources too) so that it is not cheap nor easy for people to reuse them. The idea is to make it doable with time & effort & lets people who are not able to buy endless plat, or people that just want to be more economic with what they have, get more use from key game items.

Also, not suggesting this is a permanent item. It would be consumed on use.

Edited by The_Angry_Britt

Naw, this completely replaces the need for more then a few catalysts and one reactor. The tool would need ot have a high plat cost.

High plat cost = no point to it really (if it is more expensive than buying another one) that is assuming the tool is single use however...

I would suggest somewhat less than if you are to buy a reactor/catalyst using plat, but still in plat (they have to make money too, let's be real)

as for the OP's problem, perhaps level it a bit (till 20 ish or 10ish for the weapons) to see if the play style of the frame/weapon fits you before you put a potato in (nobody would suggest you to play outer terminus/Pluto or Kappa/Sedna or the like at rank 10) so perhaps be patient with your levelling would be the suggestion.  Besides, it's not like the blueprints for potatoes never come up.  so if you have the patience to wait for a blueprint, perhaps wait for the next one if it doesn't work out for you.  

(at 27k kills I am having 500k+ credits, I would imaging the ones at the top would have huge reserves of credit to do whatever is available 10 times over.)

Edited by Stupid_Idiot

I just had an idea, what if instead of just straight-up taking the potato out of the item, there's something similar to a Blueprint for it, comprised of the supercharged item and maybe the materials needed to build a new Catalyst/Reactor. This could be bought in the Market for 100k for the BP, then 25-30k crafting cost, and twice the original item's craft time (if that's not doable, just a flat time, like 6 days or something).

I have no idea if this is even feasibly code-wise, just something that popped into my head while reading this thread.