Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Blueprints, Old Weapons, All Alloy Plates

matrixEXO

I don't buy that really though. Tossing up some new tilesets for the mobile defense and endless defense maps would go a long way alone.

They tossed new tilesets in though. 1 for Mining Station, 1 for Corpus spaceship.

I mean it. Alloy Plates are almost as scarce as it can get without insane grinding and you want us to use 300+ Alloy Plates onto all the old weapons? Snipetron 450, Burston 300, Boar 550, Latron 350, Bronco 300. Anyone else feels that this just got insane?

The prices are all terrible. I can't imagine starting the game, seeing a cool weapon, then seeing I need to grind one planet (Venus) tons and tons of times to be able to get anything besides a boring rifle, pistol, and sword.

This pricing seems to have been made by throwing darts at a dartboard, with all the circles saying "Alloy Plate."

The prices are all terrible. I can't imagine starting the game, seeing a cool weapon, then seeing I need to grind one planet (Venus) tons and tons of times to be able to get anything besides a boring rifle, pistol, and sword.

This pricing seems to have been made by throwing darts at a dartboard, with all the circles saying "Alloy Plate."

Apparently, they has 100 as the lowest and smallest piece of them all and 300~500 as the normal sized ones. Maybe they had a 1000 snuck in there as well.

The problem is that newer players wont know to avoid those guns in lieu of better options, unless they ask. Alloy plate is certainly not an easily accessible material for newcomers.

Don't forget that the Bronco requires Neurodes. I don't know about many of you, but when I was starting out I looked at it and immediately assumed a shotgun pistol could be an amazing sidearm. It definitely isn't worth the materials.

DE has basically just guaranteed that newbie players will need to farm Jackal and Vay Hek if they want access to weapons that weren't worth buying before, let alone now with the insane new requirements.

Oh it gets better..They also increased the price on a few other buyable weapons..For instance the Strun being 17500 now to 75000

I don't mind this change as much. Given how powerful the Strun is, how easy it is to acquire large amounts of credits (especially if you're doing even low level alerts). This isn't nearly as bad as the alloy plate problem.

The prices are all terrible. I can't imagine starting the game, seeing a cool weapon, then seeing I need to grind one planet (Venus) tons and tons of times to be able to get anything besides a boring rifle, pistol, and sword.This pricing seems to have been made by throwing darts at a dartboard, with all the circles saying "Alloy Plate."

I agree, I didn't mind seeing new weapons having sizable requirements as that meant that they should be better than stuff you can buy with credits only. Having just got a friend into this game, I feel bad that he won't be able to try out some different gear types without the tedious farming of alloy plate.

Anytime I need Alloy I go to the defense mission on Kiliken in the Venus cluster. It's a pretty tiny map and a quick sweep of all the lockers and containers usually nets me 50-100+ alloys. On top of whatever the Corpus may drop. Leave at wave 5 then repeat. Not the most fun thing in the world but it gets the job done.

Edited by KenseiOmega

Anytime I need Alloy I go to the defense mission on Kiliken in the Venus cluster. It's a pretty tiny map and a quick sweep of all the lockers and containers usually nets me 50-100+ alloys. On top of whatever the Corpus may drop. Leave at wave 5 then repeat. Not the most fun thing in the world but it gets the job done.

Thanks for the tip, was trying to find a good place to farm alloy plate. Getting an average of 12 on most other maps, I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to build the Hek or Boltor BP in my foundry....

Alloy plate is a pain, sure, but at least you only need a few hundred

A bit of intense grinding and you've got it.

The gorgon needs 5k Ferrite, 6k salvage and 1k rubedo now.

I mean..

Holy crap.

That's more than it's ever taken to craft anything before.

For somebody end game who's been doing nothing with matts for ages, it's still a big toll, what about people who just hit mastery rank 3 and now want to buy it?

This whole issue really seems to be about Alloy Plate. I've seen lots of people reporting issues with Morphics, Neurodes, Control Modules, etc. (Personally, I have like 30 Morphics, but no Gallium). All of those things are just RNG from person to person, though. Alloy Plate, on the other hand, is friggin' insane. Even Rubedo doesn't come close. That might not be so bad, honestly, if you weren't pretty much entirely limited to running Mobile Defense missions in Ceres and Sedna. I am so, so incredibly tired of killing 400-500 Grineer over and over again for 10-50 alloy plate.

Alloy plate is a pain, sure, but at least you only need a few hundred

A bit of intense grinding and you've got it.

The gorgon needs 5k Ferrite, 6k salvage and 1k rubedo now.

I mean..

Holy crap.

That's more than it's ever taken to craft anything before.

For somebody end game who's been doing nothing with matts for ages, it's still a big toll, what about people who just hit mastery rank 3 and now want to buy it?

Don't forget the 5 Morphics. But honestly that's not that bad. You'll get that much Salvage and Ferrite easily just unlocking the map. The Morphics and Rubedo would be the biggest pains but even then, Rubedo drops like crazy in Sedna and you can reliably find it in Europa or Earth and hell, you can get Morphics in Mercury, they're not exactly hard to find.

Given the Gorgon's power and comparing it to the Bronco, Burston, Dual Skanas and the other now blueprint weapons. The Gorgon is cheap.

Edited by Karko

I honestly did not reset because of this. Some the prices are jacked up but making credits isn't too hard now.

However, Alloy Plates are stupid rare. I earned around 4K rubedo and 2K alloy plating after I beat every single station in the game. Everything requires that damn resource.

Seriously, what the hell? So far, Kriste on Ceres is so crazy that farming for alloy plates isn't the worst but this game has so many other resources to use.

However, Alloy Plates are stupid rare. I earned around 4K rubedo and 2K alloy plating after I beat every single station in the game. Everything requires that damn resource.

2K???

E: Oh you mean every level? That's a bit more reasonable then.

Edited by PaperAlien

at least this doesn't stop you from being able to play the game. DE needs players to buy plat to make money and this is far less intrusive and annoying than most free to play games do to generate cash flow

It does, actually. Normal players will not be able to get those "semi-useful" weapons till later in the game, and they are only useful at certain points of the game at which they start to scale off in functionality. Guns like Hek and Gorgon basically makes up the best guns and are better to spend your Alloy Plates there.

Also, with U8 coming around the 2eeks time, people are trying to save up Alloy Plates for dojo rooms.

Edited by matrixEXO

at least this doesn't stop you from being able to play the game. DE needs players to buy plat to make money and this is far less intrusive and annoying than most free to play games do to generate cash flow

There's a big difference between taking existing weapons and scaling back availability to adding additional equipment which require platinum or alerts to find.

One of the main issues (for me personally but I'm sure some would agree with me here) is that several of the weapons that have been restricted to blueprints simply aren't worth the materials required for construction. Take the Bronco, 1 Neurode, 300 Alloy Plate and 12 hour construction time for a sidearm that is outperformed dramatically by the starting pistol.

Then we get 550 Alloy Plate for the Boar and 300 for the Burston. There's no conceivable way where this market change actively improves the game for the players but there's many ways in which it hurts the game for every player involved. Newbies just starting out are faced with unreasonable costs for sub-standard gear, Veterans leveling weapons for mastery that they've avoided until now suffer from being forced to farm for even more Alloy Plate and even DE suffer since jilted players are less likely to drop plat on purchases.

There's a big difference between taking existing weapons and scaling back availability to adding additional equipment which require platinum or alerts to find.

One of the main issues (for me personally but I'm sure some would agree with me here) is that several of the weapons that have been restricted to blueprints simply aren't worth the materials required for construction. Take the Bronco, 1 Neurode, 300 Alloy Plate and 12 hour construction time for a sidearm that is outperformed dramatically by the starting pistol.

Then we get 550 Alloy Plate for the Boar and 300 for the Burston. There's no conceivable way where this market change actively improves the game for the players but there's many ways in which it hurts the game for every player involved. Newbies just starting out are faced with unreasonable costs for sub-standard gear, Veterans leveling weapons for mastery that they've avoided until now suffer from being forced to farm for even more Alloy Plate and even DE suffer since jilted players are less likely to drop plat on purchases.

Agreed. I did the reset and realised that the newbie selection for cred is super limited and every other weapon will require a long grind. You might burn out the newbs too quickly with this ._.

The problem is, doing mission after mission after mission and not seeing what you need drop is complete crap.

It is not fun, at all.

I need TEN morphics for the Glaive alone. Ten.

You wanna know how many times I had to kill Captain Vor to get ONE Morphics? ONE? There are times I kill him 3-4 times in a row and not see a single one.

There was a day I was really bored and I went through all the Mercury Missions. Didn't see a single Morphics.

And I need TEN of the stinking things?

That's not even looking at the 4500 Nano Spores. Ugh. Just shoot me now.

Your stats are pretty off. after about 250 kills of captian vor pre credit boost update, I ended with about 230 morphics.

I've heard from my friend that Boar got better now. Seeing 75k price tag "Shame I didn't grab it when it was 50k", I thought

saving up for money then going to the store 2 hours later, BP with 550 alloy plate, WHAT THE HELL?

All the good reasons why increasing price in such a way is a huge mistake has already been said here.

All I can hope is that Devs realised and agree that it should be change, I guess I'll wait till then.

Edited by CapoChrysalis