Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Weakness

ErosSeron

Rhino is supposed to be a tank. Make him a tank, seriously i spent 5 days getting his resources and paying my credits to make him. I want a tank like he is supposed to be and not have to go for Frost who doesn't fit my playing style. Come on Rhino is supposed to be an assault soldier not a support soldier like Excalibur. I sacrifice speed for power not speed for defeat.

Rhino is supposed to be a tank. Make him a tank, seriously i spent 5 days getting his resources and paying my credits to make him. I want a tank like he is supposed to be and not have to go for Frost who doesn't fit my playing style. Come on Rhino is supposed to be an assault soldier not a support soldier like Excalibur. I sacrifice speed for power not speed for defeat.

While I agree that making him non invulnerable is a huge change for a lot of people, he is still very much a tank character. iron Skin now has to be used preemptively  shields need to be high, maybe consider fast deflect. I just haven't been able to test whether or not he is still immune to staggers or ancient energy theft. Anyone? 

While I agree that making him non invulnerable is a huge change for a lot of people, he is still very much a tank character. iron Skin now has to be used preemptively  shields need to be high, maybe consider fast deflect. I just haven't been able to test whether or not he is still immune to staggers or ancient energy theft. Anyone? 

You still get your energy taken, and staggers do happen occasionally. And he is less tanky than you think. with the 80% "reduction", you still take 20 damage from a charger ("weak claw attacks".)

If only his Iron Skin actually protected him from CC and Disruptor drains, then I would have no problem with this nerf. Complete invulnerability was kinda awesome, but now? Barely worth using anymore.

Rhino is a completely pointless frame now.

Use either Frost or Trinity if you want to tank. Heck, even Volt is a better tank than Rhino now: you get just as much shields, you get a ranged defense immunity, you are fast as heck and you get good damage on your ulti.

DE effectively removed Rhino from consideration with this nerf.

You still get your energy taken, and staggers do happen occasionally. And he is less tanky than you think. with the 80% "reduction", you still take 20 damage from a charger ("weak claw attacks".)

Well, it has been said and posted that staggers for sure are a bug, and we can hope for the rest. I understand that each person has a different playstyle, and in mine I tend to beef him up and use a mix of shotguns and a good set of pistols. I love getting in there with a big two hander and dealing death as a rhino would, but I also realize that tactically its not sound. Its fun, but it has its place. This just adds a level of consideration. with 250% shields, fdast deflection, you can spend easily 10-15 seconds in the middle of a big angry group(barring the stagger/energy drain) clear a path, duck behind a wall for 5 seconds and repeat, all the while engaging with mid range weapons. I just want people to see its still a fun frame and far from the huge middle finger some people are acting like it is

I always used Iron Skin as my "get the hell out of dodge" skill. Many when my shields were down, pop Iron and wait for shield to get back up. Now, I cannot see myself using Rhino for solo-boss fights. This is the first nerf that has made me sad. :'( /cry

What is next, Frost's snow globe not stopping bullets?

Edited by Sni7ch

Well why should Frost's snow globe stop bullets? It is another 100% damage reduction ability...

Honestly this is such an absolute cluster f**k from DE. 

I mean really, release this terrible terrible patch last thing Friday afternoon then all bugger off home and let your community melt down over the weekend? Useless.

I can't even be bothered logging in to the game anymore. If there was an optional reset where they'd give me my money back, I'd probably take it.

DE have demonstrated that they make knee jerk reactions with no player communication before or after. Terrible.

Well why should Frost's snow globe stop bullets? It is another 100% damage reduction ability...

Honestly this is such an absolute cluster f**k from DE. 

I mean really, release this terrible terrible patch last thing Friday afternoon then all bugger off home and let your community melt down over the weekend? Useless.

I can't even be bothered logging in to the game anymore. If there was an optional reset where they'd give me my money back, I'd probably take it.

DE have demonstrated that they make knee jerk reactions with no player communication before or after. Terrible.

Are you kidding me? You guys are the ones doing the knee jerking. Frost's ability is completely different, it's stationary, still doesn't stop melee damage, and you can't shoot inwards. And woop de do, you can't be perma invincible any more. So you were comfortable with having zero challenge, and no chance at all in dying? I still play my Rhino as I always have: a tanky frame that can take a hit, with great CC abilities.

Are you kidding me? You guys are the ones doing the knee jerking. Frost's ability is completely different, it's stationary, still doesn't stop melee damage, and you can't shoot inwards. And woop de do, you can't be perma invincible any more. So you were comfortable with having zero challenge, and no chance at all in dying? I still play my Rhino as I always have: a tanky frame that can take a hit, with great CC abilities.

No we really aren't knee jerking.

DE made this drastic change without any explanation as to why they were doing it, any explanation as to what they were trying to achieve, any explanation as to why they didn't assess Link and Snow Globe at the same time and they obviously didn't test it AT ALL because they have already admitted it is bugged.

All of those things reek of a knee jerk reaction. They haven't made any informed, measured actions, they have just drastically made a change with no analysis done on the issue. That is the definition of a knee jerk reaction.

People have all this hyperbole about how it was a god mode ability and meant that you didn't even have to think about anything, just equipping the Rhino frame meant you were invincible. Yet they will then in the next breath claim that Snow Globe and Link are different because they require skill to use. What a hypocritical bunch of bull.

Great CC ability? I hope you never team with a Vauban then, that will completely outshine you at that role. And as to taking a hit...play some high level content, see how far that bit more shields and 80% reduction get you. You'll feel just as fragile as anyone else.

Fun fact, someone in another thread crunched some numbers, and it turns out that an Ember with Focus has 2.22 times as much damage mitigation as rhino. That's right Ember can out tank Rhino.

Yep, Iron Skin is just a weaker Overheat with no damage aura, less mitigation, and on a frame with less power to make use of it.