Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove The Regions And Rely On The Matchmaking Ping Threshold

_Rue_

I do actually like the idea you are attempting to suggest; allowing everyone to connect all over the world instead of region.

I like this a lot really, makes an MMO more an MMO in my opinion. This may very well happen in the future of Warframe, but for now since it is still Open Beta having Regions is perhaps a better idea so that the matchmaking issues are more limited.

And well yes you have a point in saying "It's all about the ping anyway, right?" it mostly is, but we also have to take into account that we are first connecting to DE's Server(s) so the server(s) will have to be able to handle the world wide connections.

Main point: I do like this and hope it is implemented in the future.

Can't we just do this? It's all about the ping anyway, right?

Nope.

Its all about the connection and the computer.  Got a pal in Canada, one in Philly, one in Sweden and me here in Houston.  When the one in Sweden hosts its pretty smooth.  Not perfect mind you, but certainly none of that teleporting around / creature doesn't actually die until 20 seconds after you kill it stuff.,

DE Doesn't host any servers, since we host our own games.

If anything, I do agree with _Rue_.

Or you could add "Unfiltered" to the Region options and allow us to play with all regions?

Yes. Yes they do host servers. All of our games are on those servers. Someone hosts a game on their servers.

Unfilitered Region could be a better approach actually, didn't think of that.

Edited by BearlyKoalified

Or why not another option saying "Worldwide" so you can connect to everyone else, just the same, and you get to keep the options of picking from regions.

Unless of course, you want to play with Martians.