Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When It's Too Bright And You've Only Slept 12 Hours Total This Whole Week

Eldnacpeek

Whatever happens from here on out, be warned, it is I on autopilot. I'm scatterbrained right now:

I've begun to ponder whether or not this timeline is worth living. It is quite questionable, quite questionable. You see, I am not an individual of dedicated responsibility. Or dedication. Or responsibility. I refer to myself as "gray'.

---

I'm laying on my side in a glass box, naked, in the midst of an African veldt. I can't move. From the angle of the sun, it appears to be a little past noon. It's burning, it's bright, everything around me is reflecting the sun directly to my skin. It burns, it's bright, it's scorching. There is no moisture in my throat and my saliva is completely absent. The sweat is nearly flooding the box floor. It's warm, it's burning, it's bright, it's scorching.

---

72 doors in a straight hallway, 72 doors in a straight hallway, 73 if you include the one behind me. The walls are a dark gray color. It is hardly noticeable at first glance, however if you squint, you can see a system of very dark violet veins littering the wall. The floor is a similar dark gray, but brighter than the walls appear to be. It is riddled with dust. It is silent, with the only noises being my footsteps, slow breathing, moderate heartbeat, and bloodflow. The ceiling is pitch black. There are no lights in the hallway except a window at the very end in front of me. A window that appears to show nothing but white.

I walk forward and the first two doors on the left open slowly. They creak, settle, and remain open. I proceed forward. One, two, three, four, five. For some unknown reason, I close my eyes. I hear wind, rushing wind. It sounds almost as if there are trees with only few leaves surrounding me. The wind carries the last of the leaves, brutally torn straight from the branches, like fingers being ripped one by one from a hand.

I open my eyes and am now face to face with the window. While it appeared moderately bright from a very far distance, up close it is hurting my eyes.

That's when I remember, remember why I entered this hallway.

I turn around, all the doors are now open revealing more pitch black. I look down. There is no shadow.

------

I think I'm starting to come down with something so I'm gonna need to rest soon. Whatever the hell that is above this are just random occurences of Bradbury and Poe influenced common thought.

Edited by LazerSkink