The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

$250 Founders Pack.. No Gameplay Incentive? Infinite Revives, Larger Pool?

Aliothale

My guess is the following:  They run in, &!$$ off 3 rooms worth of enemies, run into the middle of a horde of them, and then die.  At this point our OP, being the friend that he is, attempts to revive them.  Most likely he'll end up taking some heavy damage, thus making it easier to die later as they probably don't have Rejuvenation artifacts or a Trinity, if not getting killed himself.

Holy S#&$ batman, someone with a brain.

Maybe you should learn to read before giving out terrible advice.

"I'm just going to say that my RL friend's that I play with aren't so great.. and when I'm forced to play with complete stranger's who are better than my real life friends.. well.. that becomes a problem."

I know how to read very well. I said try to learn not to die. What does that mean? A lot of things. You are supposed to find the answers by yourself. Since you are inept about it, let me help you:

Your friends suck that much? Don't play with them, or teach them how to play.

Or become better to compensate for their lack of skill.

It becomes a problem that other people are better then your friends? It's not a problem, it's tough luck, you need to learn how to deal with your problems, not complain about how paying 250$ isn't making the game infinite times easier.

Maybe you should learn how to play, you seem to be the only one who has the problem of dying too much.

Edited by Kohira

Because if I don't die trying to revive my friend then they'll probably get frustrated and leave the game for good.. do you not understand what I'm getting at here? I'm trying to get my friends into the game.. but I can't keep blowing my revives doing so. You obviously have never tried playing with 3 other newbies on ancients have you?

Isn't it part of the experience? No one started as a pro player here and by making mistakes and learn from them, you will eventually get better. Tell your friends to be more careful and not rush into a pack of mobs or try to stick together?

Holy S#&$ batman, someone with a brain.

They're that rare here?  Oh...  I guess they are...

Also, Might I suggest farming up a Trinity frame?  She makes babysitting new players VERY easy.  Nyx is also a pretty good babysitter frame, but not quite so good as Trinity. I can speak from experience in this matter having done it myself on a couple of occasions.

I know how to read very well. I said try to learn not to die. What does that mean? A lot of things. You are supposed to find the answers by yourself. Since you are inept about it, let me help you:

Your friends suck that much? Don't play with them, or teach them how to play.

Or become better to compensate for their lack of skill.

It becomes a problem that other people are better then your friends? It's not a problem, it's tough luck, you need to learn how to deal with your problems, not complain about how paying 250$ isn't making the game infinite times easier.

Maybe you should learn how to play, you seem to be the only one who has the problem of dying too much.

So let me get this straight, this game get's exponentially easier to the point that "you don't even need revives".. yet you find it incomprehensible to understand how someone would be willing to pay $250 for a founders pack.. that would not only give ME an incentive to buy it, but give ME an incentive to get my friend's into the game and possibly buy more content.. making the game better for you and everyone else right? LOL

This is not game breaking, there is no PvP, infinite revives on my account are not going to hurt you IN ANY WAY. We're talking about a glorified online ninja gaiden that play's like ever other $20 game I can buy. Yea, I want to see this game grow.. I want to see more content/gameplay/maps/features.. but hold up.. you're getting owned teaching your friends how to play? Pull out that wallet real quick or wait until tomorrow.

So yea, anyone else going to complain about how they don't have $250 and want to hurt the game? Just throwing this out there from a newcomer's perspective.. and a possible $1,000+ loss to their company. I paid Riot Games well over $500 for League of Legends, and with my friends combined that I brought to League it would probably be over $20,000.

I've already had 2 friends purchase $50+ in platinum already. They enjoyed our first run through Mercury and instantly bought Platinum from the group experience. 

Some people just like to play with RL's.. and one of mine has a physical disability in which his hand shakes.. (on top of being left handed.. bless his heart).. so playing a game like this is sometimes extremely challenging for him. Dying is something that happens.to him a lot. Should he be forced to pay for the game because of it? Nah.. but should he be offered a chance to pay money for an option that would get rid of the problem? Yes.. I feel as though he should. 

There's two reason's I've experienced FIRST HAND, that would justify a premium option for this.

They're that rare here?  Oh...  I guess they are...

Also, Might I suggest farming up a Trinity frame?  She makes babysitting new players VERY easy.  Nyx is also a pretty good babysitter frame, but not quite so good as Trinity. I can speak from experience in this matter having done it myself on a couple of occasions.

Thank you for the sound advice, I might give it a try.

It's not that the game becomes "easier" per se, the mobs indeed gain a lot more health and deals a lot more damage on higher levels and can easily become a 1 hit KO if not careful (particularly on defense missions, see wave 50+ videos). But it is the fact that you become more competent, gain better gear and knowledge of the battlefield to make the right decisions in which that makes the game look "easy". Not the other way around.

It's not that the game becomes "easier" per se, the mobs indeed gain a lot more health and deals a lot more damage on higher levels and can easily become a 1 hit KO if not careful (particularly on defense missions, see wave 50+ videos). But it is the fact that you become more competent, gain better gear and knowledge of the battlefield to make the right decisions in which that makes the game look "easy". Not the other way around.

I don't find this game challenging in any way shape or form. I'm hoping that it does at some point. The only hard part is getting my friends into it without telling them to go at it themselves. Honestly between the color pallette's and an infinite or revisioned respawn are the only thing's I feel like purchasing..() 

Something like..

(4 revives per mission, if all 4 are used you forfeit all currency wins and mods for the level.. only keeping resources, if only 3 are used you forfeit only the currency win and keep mods. If 2 or less are used you keep everything.)

^ PAY 2 WINX MENz?

Edited by Aliothale

And for the record.. I've only been playing for 24 hours (16:36 to be exact).. I have a Paris and Dual Vipers.. I have not purchased a single item with platinum other than rushing one of my vipers. My Excalibur Warframe is level 26 or 27 or so.

Edited by Aliothale

infinite revives on my account are not going to hurt you IN ANY WAY.

Yep, I know that very well. By pay 2 win(yes, I know it's PVE), I meant that you wish to get an advantage for those 250$, an advantage that I don't think you should get because you shouldn't need it in the first place.

Maybe double the ammount of revives for founders, but infinite revives? Sure, you paid 250$, but with infinite revives you would get no punishment for dying in an already easy game. Where is the difficulty going to be then? You dying or knowing that you are going to die because you made a mistake will mean nothing to you since you won't get punished for dying in the first place.

And I believe that you have more than enough incentive to buy a founders package, since you get a lot of exclusive things and a huge amount of platinum to make the game as easy as possible. Anyway, I consider that wanting to support the devs is the biggest incentive to buy the founders package.

Edited by Kohira

I don't find this game challenging in any way shape or form. I'm hoping that it does at some point. The only hard part is getting my friends into it without telling them to go at it themselves. Honestly between the color pallette's and an infinite or revisioned respawn are the only thing's I feel like purchasing..() 

How you tried any of the Pluto missions or any 40+ level missions or any defense missions past wave 50+?

How you tried any of the Pluto missions or any 40+ level missions or any defense missions past wave 50+?

Something like..

(4 revives per mission, if all 4 are used you forfeit all currency wins and mods for the level.. only keeping resources, if only 3 are used you forfeit only the currency win and keep mods. If 2 or less are used you keep everything.)

If it seems to be a problem I don't see why a minor fix like such wouldn't be a decent adjustment for people who would want to abuse it. Can I get a trainer Warframe with infinite revives and only level 1 items.. never can be upgraded? I mean seriously.. how did their development team derp so hard on this. It's one of the most fundamental design element of a F2P game. Word of mouth, friend by friend.. that's how LoL and Riot found success... and  I see nothing other than a patch yesterday adding Invite only to the mix? And finally a ping filter..

I mean hell, I'd even be willing to pay $20 for a trainer Warframe with infinite revives and 0 inventory if that's what it's going to take. I'm not here talking out of my &#!.

Because if I don't die trying to revive my friend then they'll probably get frustrated and leave the game for good.. do you not understand what I'm getting at here? I'm trying to get my friends into the game.. but I can't keep blowing my revives doing so. You obviously have never tried playing with 3 other newbies on ancients have you?

Actually good gamers learn from their failures.  If they didn't die they would have little incentive to revise their tactics/approaches.  Honestly.  Even if you got 10-20 revives, if the player's tactics don't change they're still going to die out that evening, etc.

Also, this is all the more reason for you to start farming additional warframes.  You do know that you have 4 revives per warframe right?

I have 8 Warframes now and 4 revives a piece.  I only revive once per day or so.  Most of the time not even.  I up the Vitality and Redirection mods on a few of my frames, if I decide to play a supportive role and keep reviving people, (I help my friends farm BPs with bosses, they're new players too.)

You'll likely be able to keep up with all this stuff as you level your weapons and warframes better.  Keep playing dude you'll find yourself not needing that many revives anymore.

Edited by sushidubya

Actually good gamers learn from their failures.  If they didn't die they would have little incentive to revise their tactics/approaches.  Honestly.  Even if you got 10-20 revives, if the player's tactics don't change they're still going to die out that evening, etc.

Also, this is all the more reason for you to start farming additional warframes.  You do know that you have 4 revives per warframe right?

I have 8 Warframes now and 4 revives a piece.  I only revive once per day or so.  Most of the time not even.  I up the Vitality and Redirection mods on a few of my frames, if I decide to play a supportive role and keep reviving people, (I help my friends farm BPs with bosses, they're new players too.)

You'll likely be able to keep up with all this stuff as you level your weapons and warframes better.  Keep playing dude you'll find yourself not needing that many revives anymore.

Just think of how rude/embarrassing it would be to say to them.. "no guys I can't play with you.. I can't afford to teach you how to play today. It's one of those games.." 

I'm not that kind of guy, and after running through my daily revives in the first hour today as I had yesterday with my other newb group.. I was pretty ticked off. I did not know earlier about the 4 revives thing.. but I do now. It does change my perspective quite a bit.. enough to get the $250 deal? Probably not.. I think I'll take that money and buy BL 2 and all it's DLC. Today's patch looked good, and the 8 patch sounds awesome. Maybe if I see the improvements in the game it'll help boost my confidence in buying that $250 deal again. I think anyone would be under the impression that $250 was enough money to unlock everything and get me infinite/larger pooled revives in a PvE co-op game.

So yea, if any Warframe dev stumble upon this.. just know there's a problem. Your first 2 days of the players life is the most exciting and most fearful and can make or break them away from this game. Introducing a trainer Warframe with unlimited revives and 0 inventory seems like the most plausible idea to allow friends to bring other friends into the game quickly.

Thanks for the bits of info everyone!

Just think of how rude/embarrassing it would be to say to them.. "no guys I can't play with you.. I can't afford to teach you how to play today. It's one of those games.." 

I'm not that kind of guy, and after running through my daily revives in the first hour today as I had yesterday with my other newb group.. I was pretty ticked off. I did not know earlier about the 4 revives thing.. but I do now. It does change my perspective quite a bit.. enough to get the $250 deal? Probably not.. I think I'll take that money and buy BL 2 and all it's DLC. Today's patch looked good, and the 8 patch sounds awesome. Maybe if I see the improvements in the game it'll help boost my confidence in buying that $250 deal again. I think anyone would be under the impression that $250 was enough money to unlock everything and get me infinite/larger pooled revives in a PvE co-op game.

So yea, if any Warframe dev stumble upon this.. just know there's a problem. Your first 2 days of the players life is the most exciting and most fearful and can make or break them away from this game. Introducing a trainer Warframe with unlimited revives and 0 inventory seems like the most plausible idea to allow friends to bring other friends into the game quickly.

Thanks for the bits of info everyone!

No no, you may have misunderstood me.  I'm not telling you to blindly let them die.  I'm saying that dying in any video game is an important part of the learning process.  I help my friends farm BPs all the time in this game.

You don't need to get the $250 deal starting off, you can start with the $20 one like one of my friends did just so she can get more slots for weapons and warframes.  You can upgrade to a higher tier founder's package later.  That offer may end soon, I don't really know when.

It seems to me that you just need more slots and to farm a couple more warframes.  I understand it would totally suck to have only 4 revives and one warframe and burn out of them in one hour not being able to play for the next 24 hours.

See you in the game sometime.  Good luck.  =)

No no, you may have misunderstood me.  I'm not telling you to blindly let them die.  I'm saying that dying in any video game is an important part of the learning process.  I help my friends farm BPs all the time in this game.

You don't need to get the $250 deal starting off, you can start with the $20 one like one of my friends did just so she can get more slots for weapons and warframes.  You can upgrade to a higher tier founder's package later.  That offer may end soon, I don't really know when.

It seems to me that you just need more slots and to farm a couple more warframes.  I understand it would totally suck to have only 4 revives and one warframe and burn out of them in one hour not being able to play for the next 24 hours.

See you in the game sometime.  Good luck.  =)

I decided on the $50 package.. and that was me being generous. Thanks for all the info.

Edited by Aliothale